Suggestion for Forum Admins ...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mo84

Reaction score
Hello Admins - I'd like to suggest that " CA-Seismic/Survey Exams " to be removed from the main " Civil Engineering PE exam ".  I don't see it as a good fit to be there. It's too specific to the State of California and way more active than the other sub-forums there. Just a thought I wanted to share. Thanks

Hello Admins - I'd like to suggest that " CA-Seismic/Survey Exams " to be removed from the main " Civil Engineering PE exam ".  I don't see it as a good fit to be there. It's too specific to the State of California and way more active than the other sub-forums there. Just a thought I wanted to share. Thanks

Thanks Ram.

I see your point Mo.  But where else would be a good fit?  The CA Surv/Seis exams are part of the Civil PE Exam (for CA).  And, yes, only for CA, but since 'CA' is in the name of the sub-forum ("CA-Seismic/Survey Exams"), it seems easy enough for someone not interested to simply not enter.  I'm not sure I agree that just because it is more active, it should be moved.  

I do see how the CA Surv/Seis maybe isn't exactly equal to the other sub-forums under the Civil Exam (Water, Transpo, ... Const) so maybe it should be a sub-sub-forum but I'm not sure if that's possible.  It is listed as the last sub-forum.  And, again, since 'CA' is in the title, I think it's easy enough for those not living in CA to simply not enter the sub-forum.  

Mo, unless you have a good solution to where it should be moved and a compelling reason why it should be moved, my recommendation is for it to stay as-is.  

@ptatohed The activity update on the right side of the main forum "Civil PE Exam" is almost always about "CA-Seismic/Survey Exams" which often needs another click to go inside and verify. It's just a little waste of time to the majority who are most likely not interested.

Didn't think where it should go to be honest. Maybe some " Others " Forum ? or just take it out and make it a main one ? Thank you for you response though

Last edited by a moderator:
@ptatohed The activity update on the right side of the main forum "Civil PE Exam" is almost always about "CA-Seismic/Survey Exams" which often needs another click to go inside and verify. It's just a little waste of time to the majority who are most likely not interested.

Didn't think where it should go to be honest. Maybe some " Others " Forum ? or just take it out and make it a main one ? Thank you for you response though
It is part of the Civil PE Exam so I think it needs to stay under Civil.  Yeah they are separate exams but they still fall under the Civil umbrella (CA only).  Again, just because the surv/seis sub-forum appears to be more active than the other civil sub-forums, I don't think you can fault the surv/seis sub-forum for its popularity!  

I would not call it popular as it's simply a CBT test which can be taken multiple times through the year as appose to the two times limit of the paper PE. I wouldn't mind it being there if it wasn't clouding the activity updates on the main forum page. The Structural Exam ( SE ) is on a separate main forum even though it's kinda part of civil

I, for one, don’t see a problem with the way things are.

Also, SE is definitely a separate forum on its own with its arguably hardest ever created 16-hour exam.

I, for one, don’t see a problem with the way things are.
It would make things more transparent and efficient. An improvement not necessarily a problem.

Also, SE is definitely a separate forum on its own with its arguably hardest ever created 16-hour exam.
What I meant there is that just as SE is a separate forum, CA seismic can also be separate. They are both related to Civil Engineering but they're not Civil PE exam

Back