2007 NCEES Pass Rate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats a pretty high pass rate? i thought typically the electrical pass rate was lower than mechanical. that was surprising to me.

You can go over to "the other place" www.ppi2pass.com and they display their pass rates over the last several years for each discipline. I guess I should say that the civil exam had a high pass rates, not sure about the others.

I think I remember a first time pass rate of 50% for the Structural I test last fall.

I think ME was 75% last fall.

Last April, Structural I is also 38%. Looks like April Exam is more difficult.

Look at that:

PE Naval Architecture/Marine

First time taker: 89%

Repeat taker: 100%

How can this happen? Only a few repeat takers?

Look at that:pE Naval Architecture/Marine

First time taker: 89%

Repeat taker: 100%

How can this happen? Only a few repeat takers?
Yeah, I would guess that for the more specific exams, the number of takers is not that high. How many Naval Architects or Marine Engineers do you know?

If I had to guess, I would think the passing rates on those smaller exams bounce around a good bit.

i just hope that i brought up the 34% of repeat takers of the CE exam and not brought it down! :mail-296:

Yeah, I would guess that for the more specific exams, the number of takers is not that high. How many Naval Architects or Marine Engineers do you know?
If I had to guess, I would think the passing rates on those smaller exams bounce around a good bit.
Quite a few, actually! Though of them, only 1 bothered to get a PE, and he only uses it for consulting on the side...
Using my uncanny abilities, I deduce 10 people took the test, 9 first-time takers and one repeat. All passed but one of the first-time takers.

Last edited:
It looks like the SE1 and SE2 didn't change much for 1st timers.

I believe that the pass rate for the SE1 stayed the same for re-takers and went down for the SE2 re-takers.

Back