Highly Recommend EET Classes for Breadth and Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE 92

Reaction score
Hello all, I took the exam in April for the first time and passed. I was lurking here for awhile while preparing for the exam and during the wait period for results, and I decided I had to make an account and share my experience.

EET was a tremendous help for me. When I was choosing a class I had narrowed it down to School of PE and EET, and posts on here and on Reddit convinced me EET was the right choice (which it was). Both the Breadth and Depth were excellent and by the time the exam rolled around I knew the provided reference binders like the back of my hand. The instructors always responded to my questions with helpful answers. It was also great to have video lectures on demand that I could watch around my work schedule. They use a program called Adobe Connect, which my 7 year old laptop had no problem running and hardly ever ran into technical issues with. I only had to use the Civ Eng Reference Manual and Metcalf & Eddy for 4 or 5 questions - the rest were in the binders that they provide. Even outside the context of the exam, the binders are great references to have in general 

There is a fair amount of homework but if you do all of it and put in 100% you will walk into the exam feeling overprepared. They also have multiple practice/simulated exams to get you ready for the real thing. And don't worry about being a little rusty when the class starts, everything came back to me pretty quickly despite being out of school for several years. 

I recommend EET wholeheartedly.

Hello!  I graduated in 1997 with my CE degree but have been out of the industry directly since then.  I have recently changed jobs and want to attempt the exam next year.  Do you think the EET would be a good option for me since it has been so long since I was in school?

Hello!  I graduated in 1997 with my CE degree but have been out of the industry directly since then.  I have recently changed jobs and want to attempt the exam next year.  Do you think the EET would be a good option for me since it has been so long since I was in school?
Definitely do EET. A buddy at work just failed WRE after doing School of PE and is probably going to pay to take EET for the next time around.

Definitely do EET. A buddy at work just failed WRE after doing School of PE and is probably going to pay to take EET for the next time around.
I can tell you I've been out of school for 5 years, which I would consider long enough to not remember anything from college, and I had a fairly easy time getting back into the swing of thing with EET. They start off with simple concepts that progressively get more difficult, instead f just jumping into the hard stuff

I agree with the above. EET started out with easier concepts in general and saves the depth section preparation for a bit later, after you've warmed up. I found this enormously helpful, since it went through material I had not covered as part of my classes but was still on the exam (project scheduling, in my case -- while this was an option at my University, I took a class on engineering law, instead).

EET saves the real engineering problems for later in the curriculum.

While I still felt nervous on the day of the exam, I took and passed Civil Transportation on the first try -- and I was able to answer a lot of "gotcha" questions even in other disciplines than my own when it came to the AM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I graduated engineering school in 1989 in a different engineering than Civil.  Took EET breadth and depth and passed WRE first try.  Highly recommend!

Back