PTOE - June 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalengineer

Reaction score
anyone taking PTOE in June?

For people already took PTOE, do we have to take the formula sheet or does the center provide one? 

I took it Saturday. My testing center provided the formula sheet electronically as a link in the testing software

Hi @txtrafficeng @socalengineer

I'm scheduled to take it about two weeks from now. How hard is the test? Is time a challenge? I'm reviewing the PTOE refresher course only. It has does not contain many practice problems. You think it will probably be enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
@wannacape I did the ITE PTOE refresher course. I also purchased the ITE PTOE practice test. Both were very helpful in the exam. Make sure you know some values for formulas like deceleration and perception reaction time. I finished the exam fully in 3 hours. I felt prepared. You should have plenty of time. I went through the refresher course and memorized values like max super elevation. I think that helped. Reach out if you have more questions. 

@wannacape, I took my test last week. was able to finish it within 3 hours. Calculations were pretty straight forward.

i felt it was too wordy with questions, not sure if questions were from any manuals or pure general knowledge.  Some questions had possible 2 correct answers which you could argue either ways with limited information.  ya well, will find out in a month's time if I passed. Good luck to you.

TPCB said 6-8 weeks after testing period ends which is June 30. So I have the weeks of August 11-25 marked on my calendar.

@socalengineer I made lots of educated guesses. Funny I was very confused by the phrasing/wording of a bunch of questions (that maybe because of my english). I did not feel sure that I got it, But  overall feel I should be very close to passing.

Apparently results come by mail! At least that’s what I heard from a colleague that passed in October. 
Any idea if favorable results are delivered in a regular envelope? Or do you receive a certificate in a larger envelope?

@CivilE I see something from TPCB coming in my mail today... It's a regular size business envelope. Will go home at lunch to check, I think my mail comes at 10:30. High anxiety!

I see the same thing. Not sure if USPS Informed Digest is a good thing or a bad thing. I will not be able to find out until I get home around 5 this afternoon. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Back