EB Mafia - Page 151 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
ChebyshevII PE

EB Mafia

In my field of work, we don’t really have a “busy season,” per se...we have years that are busier than others. Depending on the customers/jobs we get, we may be insanely busy the whole year because each customer wants their stuff done by dates that stagger across.

I’m currently tied up in a project that needs to be done by thanksgiving ish, one that needs to be done by Christmas, and one that will need to be ready by late spring. They’re huge projects, too.

18 hours ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Looking forward to the next time you can join us.

Side note, what is it about this time period and everyone getting so busy? Does it have to do with furlough season?

We are releasing a big software update and features keep getting added to it last minute.

1 minute ago, NikR said:

We are releasing a big software update and features keep getting added to it last minute.

So in other words, just another day at the office.

• Like 1

Just now, ChebyshevII PE said:

So in other words, just another day at the office.

:brickwall:

• Sad 1

On 10/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, ChebyshevII PE said:

Looking forward to the next time you can join us.

Side note, what is it about this time period and everyone getting so busy? Does it have to do with furlough season?

One of our big clients fiscal year ends in October, so they look at the budget in August/September, and start throwing EOY money at us.  Good for the company, stressful for the employees. We have gotten enough work to keep most of our staff busy through the end of the month, not counting the work we already had to keep us busy through the end of the month.  😐

20 minutes ago, vhab49_PE said:

One of our big clients fiscal year ends in October, so they look at the budget in August/September, and start throwing EOY money at us.  Good for the company, stressful for the employees. We have gotten enough work to keep most of our staff busy through the end of the month, not counting the work we already had to keep us busy through the end of the month.  😐

I feel ya. We’re in a similar boat.

4 hours ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I feel ya. We’re in a similar boat.

banned for not being structural

wait, wrong thread? :dunno: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

banned for not being structural

You should try the automation world and see how the stress compares to structural. :P

5 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

You should try the automation world and see how the stress compares to structural. :P

how about no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

See below.

7 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

how about no

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, ChebyshevII PE said:

Why would it be any different?

4 minutes ago, NikR said:

Why would it be any different?

Well for one thing, “stress” has an entirely different meaning to both fields.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Well for one thing, “stress” has an entirely different meaning to both fields.

Haha!  We have many types of stress....

• Thanks 1

you cant be all clever with me when i'm under this kind of stress

i had a regression in my feelings of okayness and safety last night.

first, dreaming that i was making out with dave grohl. totes cool

woke up to pee

saw that someone on my street 10 blocks away got their whole house robbed this weekend

fell back asleep 

dream about seeing some people fleeing a scene of some sort, they notice me, threaten me with a gun as i was trying to call police. i drop phone and hold hands up terrified, they covered my windows with black sheets from the outside? then i woke up. like wtf?

5 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

woke up to pee

saw that someone on my street 10 blocks away got their whole house robbed this weekend

fell back asleep 

dream about seeing some people fleeing a scene of some sort, they notice me, threaten me with a gun as i was trying to call police. i drop phone and hold hands up terrified, they covered my windows with black sheets from the outside? then i woke up. like wtf?

Holy crap. Scary...

2 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Holy crap. Scary...

yea really fucked up i cant handle anything right now. lol

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, tj_PE said:

woke up to pee

fell back asleep 

Yikes.  That is some cazy stuff.  

4 hours ago, tj_PE said:

woke up to pee

fell back asleep 

Need more alcohol.

Joking. don't self medicate like that.

Some security advice I received from a friend: keep a canister of wasp killer by your bed. It sprays farther than pepper spray would and blinds the perpetrator.

• Thanks 1

Pro tip: Wasp killer also kills wasps.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Random but related. I just quit ADT and installed a Ring alarm system. So far so good.

15 minutes ago, jean15paul_PE said:

Random but related. I just quit ADT and installed a Ring alarm system. So far so good.

i have cameras. just not monitored security. i use the amazon blink cameras and have been happy with them. 

14 hours ago, jean15paul_PE said:

We've had one for several months now.  Only issues are one back door sensor that is occasionally uncooperative, and the motion sensors are too sensitive for big dogs even turned down all the way.  Consequently, the only time we ever set the system to anything other than "home and armed" is when we go on vacation and when the dogs are at the sitters.  If we ever switch to the 24/7 monitoring, we'll have to just deactivate the motion sensors entirely.  I still want to add two hardwired floodlight cameras.

1 hour ago, Supe said:

We've had one for several months now.  Only issues are one back door sensor that is occasionally uncooperative, and the motion sensors are too sensitive for big dogs even turned down all the way.  Consequently, the only time we ever set the system to anything other than "home and armed" is when we go on vacation and when the dogs are at the sitters.  If we ever switch to the 24/7 monitoring, we'll have to just deactivate the motion sensors entirely.  I still want to add two hardwired floodlight cameras.

I have Swann wireless cameras at my parent's house and mine. I've been really impressed with the night vision and general reliability for the price.

21 hours ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Some security advice I received from a friend: keep a canister of wasp killer by your bed. It sprays farther than pepper spray would and blinds the perpetrator.

It is a violation of federal law to use it for any purpose other than killing wasps. It's far better to keep a gun at your bedside anyway.

• Like 1
  • fudgey 1