EET prep course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeNE

Reaction score
I took the PE construction exam in April and just found out last week that I passed.  I took the EET on-demand course to prepare and those guys did a great job.  Each student gets 2 large binders full of lecture notes and practice problems - one for the breadth and one for the depth you select.  The professors do an excellent job with the notes they have prepared for lecture, explaining the concepts during the recorded sessions, and then walking through example problems step by step.  They have a ton of practice problems and they give a practice exam when they are finished with the course to check your readiness.  If you watch all the lectures and do all the problems it's pretty intensive and takes a a lot of time, (90+ hours of lecture breadth and depth combined and probably that amount of time outside the lectures doing problems - I'd estimate 150-200 hours minimum) but I felt like I was very well prepared going into the exam.  When I took the test I felt very confident about most of the material.  I felt they did a good job of really teaching the concepts that are most likely to be on the test and there were very few questions on the test that I hadn't seen something similar in the class.  If there was any negative about the class it would have been the structures portion as it was difficult for me to follow, but they may have just been that it's a more difficult topic.

If I had to do it over again I would definitely take EET to prep and I would highly recommend anybody who is preparing for the test to check it out.

I second all of this. I took the PE construction depth course and the only reason I did not take the breadth is because I had already signed up and paid for an in person weekend breadth course. If I were to go back I would take both the morning and afternoon with EET. The on demand feature is great, the binder was the best and most heavily relied on reference I had and Professor Ead goes above and beyond to ensure you are prepared. Luckily I do not have to worry about how I would do it again, because I passed first try in large part to this class!

Complete the lectures, tab the binder they provide and complete all of the homework questions. This class is more affordable that everything else I have seen out there and the results are proven. Highly recommend.

I also took the EET Civil Construction for this April exam (on-demand) and passed the exam. I didn't love one of the professors, but the binders they send (which contain the professors' presentations) are invaluable. I highly recommend using EET.

I also took the EET Civil Construction for this April exam (on-demand) and passed the exam. I didn't love one of the professors, but the binders they send (which contain the professors' presentations) are invaluable. I highly recommend using EET.
Did you use any of the NCEES Construction Depth references? I'm about to purchase all of them (approximately $900 worth). Even if I don't use them, I still want them. Just curious if you used them during the exam.

I had everything except for 2 listed references. Both of which had specific questions that couldn't be answered without them, so yes, worth it.

I'm registered for EET and I have all of my books and some. I'm trying to map out my video schedule around sleep, work, and family obligations (I'm married and I have a very young child). So this is it. I'm diving in. It's taken me over a year to prepare. I even changed jobs so that I could get the time and flexibility to study for this exam (there were other reasons too). 

Can someone describe the difference between EET live webinar vs. recording (with respect to SE courses)?

Does live webinar registered folks get access to previous recordings of the material?

Can someone describe the difference between EET live webinar vs. recording (with respect to SE courses)?

Does live webinar registered folks get access to previous recordings of the material?
I think that if you register to attend the live webinars, you only have access to view recordings of the live webinar that you registered for. 

Source: FAQ from EET USA (tried to type U S A but the flag keeps popping up lol)

Can I attend the class by viewing the recordings without attending the live sessions?

Yes, if that is your preference. You may send any inquiries to the instructor if you had any question after watching the recordings.

Live webinar is live meetings you can interact with. Each webinar is recorded and available for you to watch in about 1 day after the live version. With on-demand course you get access to all content immediately to watch at your leisure. With this method you get the recording from the previous live webinar  ( i.e for Fall 2019 course, on demand users will get the stuff from the Spring 2019 course)

Live webinar is live meetings you can interact with. Each webinar is recorded and available for you to watch in about 1 day after the live version. With on-demand course you get access to all content immediately to watch at your leisure. With this method you get the recording from the previous live webinar  ( i.e for Fall 2019 course, on demand users will get the stuff from the Spring 2019 course)
Thanks for the reply. I registered for the live version. With this, I have access to previous recordings as well. So, effectively it is the same. Waiting for the binders to come through the mail.

I know I am going to miss a few live sessions. For this, I have the option to go to the April 2019 recorded sessions or wait for EET to upload the video (not sure how long this takes). Since there is no code changes from April 2019 to October 2019, I am hoping that the old videos will suffice.

Thanks for the reply. I registered for the live version. With this, I have access to previous recordings as well. So, effectively it is the same. Waiting for the binders to come through the mail.

I know I am going to miss a few live sessions. For this, I have the option to go to the April 2019 recorded sessions or wait for EET to upload the video (not sure how long this takes). Since there is no code changes from April 2019 to October 2019, I am hoping that the old videos will suffice.
From my experience the recordings were usually posted the following day. Code didn't change but the manual may be updated if they added additional slides.

This topic has gone silent and I'm assuming it's because everybody has their head buried in books or they are sitting in web courses. 

As a person who is 15 years out of college, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of EET's courses. I'm glad that the instructors have found a way to tap into my dusty memory on a couple of subjects without it feeling too overwhelming. I'm still working so I am in no position to claim victory, but I wanted to at least pop my head up from my TI-36X to say that the on-demand courses are good. 

I have a couple of breadth course videos left to watch, and I'm starting to wade into the depth pool...OMG I MADE A PUN! LOL (I'm a little loopy - don't mind me). 

Hello,

How was the exam? (For the October test takers) 

wondering if any of you would be willing to share your general thoughts. I am currently doing the EET course for April 2020 and wanted to know how you felt now going through the course and taking the exam.

any feedback is much appreciated. 

Hello,

How was the exam? (For the October test takers) 

wondering if any of you would be willing to share your general thoughts. I am currently doing the EET course for April 2020 and wanted to know how you felt now going through the course and taking the exam.

any feedback is much appreciated. 
I don’t know if I’ve passed. However, I felt pretty comfortable in the exam due to how much I practiced prior to the exam. I used my EET binders for about 70% of the exam.

Do all of the practice problems. 
Do all of the practice exams.

Take the simulated exam.

Ask as many questions as you need to. 

Make multiple passes to just read through the binders. Read through them 3-5 times. You will notice something new each time. You will also figure out some things that you didn’t quite get the first time. It makes you familiar with where everything is located. 

I read through the binder  the night before the exam. There was one topic on the exam that I know for a fact that I would have never recognized otherwise. But I knew exactly where to go for the information I needed.

Time management is key. Know your references. Use them while you practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the EET breadth and depth on demand. Definitely worth it to me. I have been out of school for 25 years and the review was great. The binders are extremely helpful during the exam. I kinda fell apart in the afternoon session of the exam so I don’t feel I passed. Definitely on me and not EET.

I don’t know if I’ve passed. However, I felt pretty comfortable in the exam due to how much I practiced prior to the exam. I used my EET binders for about 70% of the exam.

Do all of the practice problems. 
Do all of the practice exams.

Take the simulated exam.

Ask as many questions as you need to. 

Make multiple passes to just read through the binders. Read through them 3-5 times. You will notice something new each time. You will also figure out some things that you didn’t quite get the first time. It makes you familiar with where everything is located. 

I read through the binder  the night before the exam. There was one topic on the exam that I know for a fact that I would have never recognized otherwise. But I knew exactly where to go for the information I needed.

Time management is key. Know your references. Use them while you practice.
Aside from the EET binders, what other practice problems and exams did you use? 

And which of the references did you need during the exam? 

thank you for taking the time to reply

Aside from the EET binders, what other practice problems and exams did you use? 
Practice Exam for the Civil PE Exam: BREADTH + CONSTRUCTION DEPTH (Sample Exams for the Civil PE Exam) (Volume 1) by Indranil Goswami

Practice Exams for the Civil PE Examination: Two practice exams (and solutions) geared towards the breadth portion of the Civil PE Exam by Indranil Goswami

Six Minute Solutions

SOME CERM Practice Problems (some of them went way too far into the weeds - depth level)

NCEES practice exam (it was good for getting you familiar with the way the questions are worded. these problems will not be on the exam)

And which of the references did you need during the exam? 
Bring all of the references.

thank you for taking the time to reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Back