EngProGuides for MDM?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbjorklund

Pitter Patter
Reaction score
Looking at getting the EngProGuide study guide for the Mechanical MDM test. What are people's overall thoughts of it? 

Passed first time April 2019

Loved it, I used this because merm was just too overwhelming to tackle. More condensed version than the merm. Keeps inline with the ncees outline. Gives you a generalized view of each concept. I read this one cover to cover along with Kennedy’s review instead of the merm. Merm was purely used to grasp concepts I needed more info on when stuck on practice problems. 

Loved it, I used this because merm was just too overwhelming to tackle. More condensed version than the merm. Keeps inline with the ncees outline. Gives you a generalized view of each concept. I read this one cover to cover along with Kennedy’s review instead of the merm. Merm was purely used to grasp concepts I needed more info on when stuck on practice problems. 
Thank you. 

Agreed. I just passed April 2019 first time as well. I felt that EngProGuides was a good compliment to the MERM in that if one doesn't have particularly good coverage on a topic, the other one has it. EngProGuides was very useful for the "miscellaneous" items on the exam (ie. motors, pumps, electrical, etc.). The accompanying practice exam was also good. Close to the actual (a little easier in my opinion). I would definitely recommend, especially as a diagnostic exam.

Back