TEST SCORES. CIVIL:CONSTRUCTION (APRIL 2019)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blockchain_PE

Reaction score
49/80...68% Failed AND Frustrated.  NEED SOME IDEAS AND MOTIVATION.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR SCORE, EXPERIENCE ETC.. TO HELP OTHERS LIKE ME TO PASS THIS **** TEST... 

48/80 66% first time I took it. Both friends I studied with passed. I don’t have a lot of construction experience compared to them so I think that hurt me in the conceptual problems. Now that I have a good base I’m going to study the topics I did poorly in and do as many practice problems as possible. I took the PPI2Pass course but found the videos to be useless. 

48/80 66% first time I took it. Both friends I studied with passed. I don’t have a lot of construction experience compared to them so I think that hurt me in the conceptual problems. Now that I have a good base I’m going to study the topics I did poorly in and do as many practice problems as possible. I took the PPI2Pass course but found the videos to be useless. 
Took the exam 4 times and finally passed last go around. Don’t give up, take the EET course and make sure you know how to use your references and be familiar with your reference sections. 

PLEASE SHARE YOUR SCORE, EXPERIENCE ETC.. TO HELP OTHERS LIKE ME TO PASS THIS **** TEST... 
I got a 49/80 also. 

AM 28 & PM 21

I took the ASCE course. Going to do EET this time around. The ASCE course didn't do a good job with the Depth in my opinion. 

Took the exam 4 times and finally passed last go around. Don’t give up, take the EET course and make sure you know how to use your references and be familiar with your reference sections. 
I thought we were allowed three attempts in 4 year period. How did you attempt 4 times

Your PM score could be enough to pass, just work on getting the AM score into the 30s and you should be golden.

I took School of PE and felt like it was very good for the Depth portion!

Sorry to hear that. What is your background? Was this your first time taking the test?

I took the on-demand School of PE and found the depth portion to be very helpful. Don't give up trying!

Sorry to hear that. What is your background? Was this your first time taking the test?

I took the on-demand School of PE and found the depth portion to be very helpful. Don't give up trying!
5th attempt. I took SOPE back in 2015 and used up all my 4 times. Took break for 1.5 years. And then studied on my own for 5th time. I Used same notes and videos that I had from SOPE plus material from test masters (2017) that I got from my friend. Last three times my scores have been 47, 51, and 49. I thought I did really well on PM this time. It’s just shocking to find out I got way low score than PM. I realize I am not the best test taker but this is just unbelievable. I thought I had it this time. So much time and energy and back to same point. I wish there was better system at NCEES to let us know about our performance. That diagnostic result doesn’t help much. 

I got a 49/80 also. 

AM 28 & PM 21

I took the ASCE course. Going to do EET this time around. The ASCE course didn't do a good job with the Depth in my opinion. 
Truly your best bet....Samir is excellent in teaching for construction  AND transportation, and you will retain the information.  Best of luck!

5th attempt. I took SOPE back in 2015 and used up all my 4 times. Took break for 1.5 years. And then studied on my own for 5th time. I Used same notes and videos that I had from SOPE plus material from test masters (2017) that I got from my friend. Last three times my scores have been 47, 51, and 49. I thought I did really well on PM this time. It’s just shocking to find out I got way low score than PM. I realize I am not the best test taker but this is just unbelievable. I thought I had it this time. So much time and energy and back to same point. I wish there was better system at NCEES to let us know about our performance. That diagnostic result doesn’t help much. 
Sorry to hear.  I was fortunate enough to pass my first time (not in this session) with very little to no experience in construction.  How well did you perform or comfortable in geotech?  I read somewhere and found it to be true that geotech concepts covers a lot ground in a PE Civil Construction exam if you look at both the morning and afternoon topics.   I worked a lot of geotech problems and maybe that made the difference for me.  Good luck and don't give up.   

Ky_su, I think you are right about the geotech. I would highly recommend purchasing “geotechnical engineer portable handbook”. It’s a great reference after the exam and I swear it saved me on three to four questions 

Back