Pass Rate Updates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes NCEES to update the published pass rates?

The results are out. I got an email today, 5/14/19

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO power and it's terrible passing rate. Not surprised. Hopefuly third time is the charm.
Power is notorious for its very low pass rate. Even lower for repeat takers. I ended up passing the second time. 

that sucks. Whats the motive to retake it when you see that 44% pass rate. 

CompEng has only 16 test takers total...wonder if that means it’ll eventually suffer the same fate as SoftEng...
Nowadays people think that a computer engineer is just a programmer, more often than not.  It wouldn't surprise me to see that side taken over by Comp Sci people.

Nowadays people think that a computer engineer is just a programmer, more often than not.  It wouldn't surprise me to see that side taken over by Comp Sci people.
That would be an interesting shift, since there are also hardware concepts involved in computer engineering. Last I remember there was very little hardware design in degree tracks for comp sci.

CompEng has only 16 test takers total...wonder if that means it’ll eventually suffer the same fate as SoftEng...
software had 17.  not much different. 

Since i am not from the industry. Can someone enlighten me as in why a comp eng or software person would need a PE? 

Since i am not from the industry. Can someone enlighten me as in why a comp eng or software person would need a PE? 
In many cases, they don’t. Both fall under industry exemption.

The biggest reason I could see would be if specific computer hardware or a specific software program had the potential to cause harm to the general public.

I took the CompEng exam, but I don’t practice in that area per se...I chose the exam because it is considered an electrical exam (I practice in electrical), and it would give me the best chance of success since it also contained a good amount of software questions (I also practice in software).

The biggest reason I could see would be if specific computer hardware or a specific software program had the potential to cause harm to the general public.
Well with all the hoopla with facebook and google. it would be funny if the states actually try regulating the industry and require people to be licensed. 

Well with all the hoopla with facebook and google. it would be funny if the states actually try regulating the industry and require people to be licensed. 
Good luck with that. Part of the reason there was such a small turnout for the software exam was because Microsoft and Silicone Valley balked at the idea that their guys had to be licensed to be considered “engineers.”

Back