New member (CA) say hi !

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omniware19

Reaction score
Hi All !

After lurking for the past ten months, I decided to signup as a new member of this board especially after learning that I passed the NCEES PE (electronic, control, communication) a short while ago. I took FE last Oct 2018 and got my EIT certificate in Dec 2018. After that I geared up preparing for FE for this past April 2019. Fearful that I would fail so I have to study harder since I have been out of school for much too long. It is too embarrassing to say how long. If I have to take the test again, I would definitely fail since I forgot all of it the very next day after the exam. When I took the FE (CBT), I knew for sure that I passed coming out of the exam room because I knew then that only a few problems I could have answered incorrectly, but not when it came to PE exam.  I was depressed since I came out of the PE exam feeling uncertain of several problems although I did not think my answers were wrong more than 10 or 15. In the worst case, maybe 20.  Everyone there were much younger and much smarter so  if somebody would fail it had to be the older guy which is me, I thought. Now it is all behind me and I can reach my personal goal of being in the club and to honor the profession that is providing for my family all these years. Congratulation to those who passed and not to give up for those who did not pass yet. 

Thanks

I felt the exact same way walking out of the PE.  You weren't in San Mateo by chance.  Were you?  That's where I sat for it.

Hi fyrfytr310,

I took mine in Pomona fairplex. Any one who will go there for the exam should pack food and water or you will be starved like I did. It is a fair, but not during those hours.

Back