April 2019 Results - PE CIVIL - TRANSPORTATION

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MspSdf

Reaction score
Haven't seen this yet and I am still waiting for my result in Minnesota.

April 2019 Cut Score - PE CIVIL TRANSPORTATION

Current cut score estimate: 50-52

User Total(80) AM(40) PM(40) TXcurvescore(100)
@Shak1366 49 ? ? x
@tb93310 48 ? ? x
@Shinken 47 28 19 x
@Lcengingeer 41 ? ? x
@fishbone TXpass x x 97
@agengine65 TXpass x x 95
@MiMeowToby TXpass x x 91
@victoria TXpass x x 91
@Nationale TXpass x x 88
@Dr_J TXpass x x 70
@AlexandroAldama TXpass x x ?
@Ranger1316 pass x x x
@3va87 pass x x x
@sgdewitte pass x x x
@goldpanner pass x x x
@HomeHereNow pass x x x
@mrwnoodles pass x x x
@MspSdf pass x x x

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember for the AM I was not sure about 2 or 3 questions, and for the PM I wasn't sure about 5 questions. 

Final score 91. seems about right

I would have to say that I was confident on about 35 AM questions and about 25 PM questions. Prep for me was SoPE.

Highest reported fail in Civil-WRE this session was 54.

The contribution to cut score from the AM portion is equal across all civil exams in a given session. Just something to consider when guesstimating the cut score.

Highest reported fail in Civil-WRE this session was 54.

The contribution to cut score from the AM portion is equal across all civil exams in a given session. Just something to consider when guesstimating the cut score.
dont think this data might be real.

person who stated that said his coworker said. Could be that his coworker was ashamed so he bumped up the score to make it look better.

I doubt the cut score was higher than that. WRE was harder than structural from what I heard and I havent seen a structural fail over 49

I would have to say that I was confident on about 35 AM questions and about 25 PM questions. Prep for me was SoPE.
My confidence was a few less in the morning and about the same in the PM. 

I used School of PE but I can only partially recommend it. SoPE was awesome for the AM session but not so much for the PM.

My confidence was a few less in the morning and about the same in the PM. 

I used School of PE but I can only partially recommend it. SoPE was awesome for the AM session but not so much for the PM.
Yes, I can fully agree with that. The PM portion of the class seemed a bit rushed; I would say a lot of my understanding of the PM material was working on practice problems to get familiar with the reference materials.

I passed in  Michigan but don't know my score or what an anticipated cut score for Civil transportation is/was🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
You only get your raw score if you fail and receive the diagnostic report outlining the subject areas and how you did compared to the average.

That's why the ones who passed outside Texas just have pass next to their name.

You can only guess at the cut score after looking at the highest failing scores.

Wow. Congrats! How did you feel about AM and PM?
AM was kinda easier than I expected but I had lots of TestMasters and School of PE material to practice so that helped definitely. PM was harder than I expected. I am traffic operations person - HCM and traffic singals, and I am not really familiar with design. So Green Book and Roadside Design Guide is not something that I use on a regular basis. And you need to be familiar with those for sure.

EET. Highly recommend. I was able to find answers for 90% of questions (AM and PM) just using EET binders. 
Omg I can't believe I passed.

I took the PPI course and honestly I think the course was pretty general. It helps refresh the topics but there weren't much deep-dives on most of them. Also there aren't much practice problems from the course, and they basically told you to purchase all the PPI books (CERM, CEPP, CETR, Transpo 6-minute probs).

Only good thing would be that the instructors were all local from our city. There was one instructor in transportation depth that posted lots of extra practice problems for us. That actually helped a lot during the tricky PM portion that I literally had to put down 10 As in the last minute of the PM. My time management was horrible.

ncees1.png

Back