Cut scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATDoel

Reaction score
If you failed, post your cut score and test below.  Remember, this test was all just data for you to pass the next one!

Civil Construction: 21/22 , guessing from my results graph I’m thinking the cut score was close to 57 

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil Construction - 26 am,  22 pm for 48/80.  Texas gave me a grade of 67.
49/80...68%  (CONSTRUCTION: TEXAS). IT'S HORRIBLE. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW **** NCEES GIVES THE PASS AND FAIL SCORES. ITS SO CONFUSING. 

49/80...68%  (CONSTRUCTION: TEXAS). IT'S HORRIBLE. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW **** NCEES GIVES THE PASS AND FAIL SCORES. ITS SO CONFUSING. 
The passing score was probably somewhere in the 54-57 range. What was your AM-PM split?

Oh no. What was the AM/PM split?

I feel like I will fail with a 45ish. We shall see tomorrow if I get the mail from MN board.
morning was 25/40 afternoon 16/40.  Not surprised at all, I could have prepared much better.  I studied plenty of hours but the focus during my studying was off - and I should have practiced more with keeping under 6 minutes per question!!

The passing score was probably somewhere in the 54-57 range. What was your AM-PM split?
28 Morning and 21 Afternoon.  I can't believe my afternoon score was that low.  I almost wanted to appeal.  I walked out with pretty good confident that PM was going to make a difference and here i am again.   According to my score it is 62% and cut scores is 68%.  I think the range you said is probably correct.  Its not like I could have got 2 more question correct to make that 70%.  Not sure how NCEES get that 70% pass.  Wish there was diagnostic for the people who passed.  NCEES plays that politics not to disclose the information of passed students.  

28 Morning and 21 Afternoon.  I can't believe my afternoon score was that low.  I almost wanted to appeal.  I walked out with pretty good confident that PM was going to make a difference and here i am again.   According to my score it is 62% and cut scores is 68%.  I think the range you said is probably correct.  Its not like I could have got 2 more question correct to make that 70%.  Not sure how NCEES get that 70% pass.  Wish there was diagnostic for the people who passed.  NCEES plays that politics not to disclose the information of passed students.  
I doubt the cut score was 54-57. I haven't seen one fail score yet that was at the 52/53 range. If you were 68% curved score for Texas then you were very close (either 1 or 2 problems) from the 70% Texas curved score which = PASS on NCEES

We received a fail score of 51 in structural in another thread. Which means the str cut score was probably 52. That’s on the lower side of the 52-56 we were told to expect. This exam was difficult by most admissions. 

Civil Structural - AM-28, PM-20, Total 48

This was second attempt with an exact same score last time

Back