Cut scores - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
ATDoel

Cut scores

If you failed, post your cut score and test below.  Remember, this test was all just data for you to pass the next one!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lcengingeer said:

Civil: transportation: 41/80

Oh no. What was the AM/PM split?

I feel like I will fail with a 45ish. We shall see tomorrow if I get the mail from MN board.

Civil: Geotech: 48/80 (AM: 26, PM: 22)

Civil Construction: 21/22 , guessing from my results graph I’m thinking the cut score was close to 57 

Edited by ihave2PE

6 hours ago, Acute Fungi said:

Civil Construction - 26 am,  22 pm for 48/80.  Texas gave me a grade of 67.

49/80...68%  (CONSTRUCTION: TEXAS). IT'S HORRIBLE. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW DAMN NCEES GIVES THE PASS AND FAIL SCORES. ITS SO CONFUSING. 

Edited by thinline

6 hours ago, thinline said:

49/80...68%  (CONSTRUCTION: TEXAS). IT'S HORRIBLE. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW DAMN NCEES GIVES THE PASS AND FAIL SCORES. ITS SO CONFUSING. 

The passing score was probably somewhere in the 54-57 range. What was your AM-PM split?

16 hours ago, MspSdf said:

Oh no. What was the AM/PM split?

I feel like I will fail with a 45ish. We shall see tomorrow if I get the mail from MN board.

morning was 25/40 afternoon 16/40.  Not surprised at all, I could have prepared much better.  I studied plenty of hours but the focus during my studying was off - and I should have practiced more with keeping under 6 minutes per question!!

4 hours ago, Ajax33 said:

The passing score was probably somewhere in the 54-57 range. What was your AM-PM split?

28 Morning and 21 Afternoon.  I can't believe my afternoon score was that low.  I almost wanted to appeal.  I walked out with pretty good confident that PM was going to make a difference and here i am again.   According to my score it is 62% and cut scores is 68%.  I think the range you said is probably correct.  Its not like I could have got 2 more question correct to make that 70%.  Not sure how NCEES get that 70% pass.  Wish there was diagnostic for the people who passed.  NCEES plays that politics not to disclose the information of passed students.  

3 minutes ago, thinline said:

28 Morning and 21 Afternoon.  I can't believe my afternoon score was that low.  I almost wanted to appeal.  I walked out with pretty good confident that PM was going to make a difference and here i am again.   According to my score it is 62% and cut scores is 68%.  I think the range you said is probably correct.  Its not like I could have got 2 more question correct to make that 70%.  Not sure how NCEES get that 70% pass.  Wish there was diagnostic for the people who passed.  NCEES plays that politics not to disclose the information of passed students.  

I doubt the cut score was 54-57. I haven't seen one fail score yet that was at the 52/53 range. If you were 68% curved score for Texas then you were very close (either 1 or 2 problems) from the 70% Texas curved score which = PASS on NCEES

We received a fail score of 51 in structural in another thread. Which means the str cut score was probably 52. That’s on the lower side of the 52-56 we were told to expect. This exam was difficult by most admissions. 

Civil Structural - AM-28, PM-20, Total 48

This was second attempt with an exact same score last time

Edited by phirra

First time taker here. Civil Geotech - AM-28, PM-20, Total 48.

Leaving the exam it felt as if the morning was much stronger. PM was fairly accurate to how I felt about it with preparation and level of difficulty. Plan on taking EET course for this next go around. Any Geotech folks on here pass?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 8:54 AM, Str. Entrepreneur said:

We received a fail score of 51 in structural in another thread. Which means the str cut score was probably 52. That’s on the lower side of the 52-56 we were told to expect. This exam was difficult by most admissions. 

I kind of found solace in the fact that test was tough but the stats that NCEES put out, says different things

Compared to October 2018(60%) , 6% more people passed this time among first time takers in Civil Structural exam.

1 minute ago, phirra said:

I kind of found solace in the fact that test was tough but the stats that NCEES put out, says different things

Compared to October 2018(60%) , 6% more people passed this time among first time takers in Civil Structural exam.

Might have something to do with the easy AM test coupled with a low cut score.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, kcg5 said:

Civil: Geotech: 48/80 (AM: 26, PM: 22)

Same here :( 

FL-Geo: AM 26: PM 22

• Sad 1

On 5/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, Ajax33 said:

Please don’t pass around misguided information. If he got a 68% with 49/80 questions right, then the cut score for construction is either 50 or 51 out of 80. 

People are on here to try to find help so let’s help them by giving good information

• Like 2