PENNSYLVANIA RESULTS - Page 3 - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Glengineer

PENNSYLVANIA RESULTS

tbauer got his yesterday...

8 minutes ago, grapefruit said:

Come on M! How long did it take them to go through A-G?

I'm not actually sure when they started uploading.  Based on what I have heard, licenses started popping up yesterday.  So it hasn't really taken that long to get where they are.  I'd be surprised if they don't get everyone out by EOD.

Im seeing some M's now too...

while somehow skipping the 'L's

• Sad 1

Went through the Ks and mines up now. Hooray. I updated all my e-mails and linkedin and ordered new business cards and desk tag. Beer time now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mlavigne said:

while somehow skipping the 'L's

That’s not cool! Any changes yet?

Got mine today.  I didnt realize the license expires in 5 more months.  Now I need to worry about the PDHs..

Edited by Bmacklin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bmacklin said:

Got mine today.  I didnt realize the license expires in 5 more months.  Now I need to worry about the PDHs..

5 months seems kinda weird.  Also, I’ve been told (though haven’t confirmed) that we do not need PDHs in the first year.  I’m accruing them anyway.

Check the rules, most states have a waiver of PDH's the first license cycle, or it could be scaled based on when you get it. License expiring in 5 months could be accurate based on the states licensing date. In NJ all PE licenses end on the same date. So when i got my license, i got my initial in January and then had to renew in April. This is probably easier enforcement wise to do it all at once as opposed to having it at random times throughout the year.

• Like 1

In PA, licenses expire in September on odd years.  So passing this time around is the shortest renewal cycle.  Those that pass the 2019 fall exam will get almost an entire two year buffer before renewal. 

Is anyone else's issue date post dated to 4/5?

That seems a bit odd...

Wasn't that the date of the exam? I don't recall PA retroactively dating the license to the exam date in the past. If it's not a new policy then it seems like a (harmless) database error.

Mines def posted 4/5 whereas most of my coworkers are dated past their previous exam dates. And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 

isn't funding the PA DOS the point of this license?

3 hours ago, orpheus2708 said:

And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 

It could be worse. There is one state, I can't remember if its California or Minnesota or someone else(?), which has a license renewal at the end of the year. So every year, people who take the test in October and learn they pass in December, either get licensed for like a week then have to renew, or have to wait until January to apply for their initial license.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orpheus2708 said:

Mines def posted 4/5 whereas most of my coworkers are dated past their previous exam dates. And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 

Mine is post dated as well. I just look at is as having been licensed for almost 2 months already, and haven’t killed anyone. 😂😂

I’ve also gotten all but my work history done for NCEES. I always wanted to do my amplified record over again, just in a more condensed form! 😂

On 5/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, youngmotivatedengineer said:

Check the rules, most states have a waiver of PDH's the first license cycle, or it could be scaled based on when you get it. License expiring in 5 months could be accurate based on the states licensing date. In NJ all PE licenses end on the same date. So when i got my license, i got my initial in January and then had to renew in April. This is probably easier enforcement wise to do it all at once as opposed to having it at random times throughout the year.

Section g2 of the Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration Law is copied below. No PDH's required for the first renewal period! And if you do get any in this period that aren't used it sounds like you should be able to carry over up to 12 hours to the next period.

(2) An individual applying for initial licensure and registration shall be exempt from the requirement set forth in subsection (a) for the licensure period immediately following initial licensure and registration. 

https://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/EngineersLandSurveyorsandGeologists/Documents/Board Documents/Board Document - Eng Act 25 CE section 4.5.pdf

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, RBHeadge PE said:

It could be worse. There is one state, I can't remember if its California or Minnesota or someone else(?), which has a license renewal at the end of the year. So every year, people who take the test in October and learn they pass in December, either get licensed for like a week then have to renew, or have to wait until January to apply for their initial license.

Oof that's just mean. 

Anyone get their physical cert in the mail yet? Mine says mailed on PALS 5/24 but nothing yet at home. 

8 hours ago, orpheus2708 said:

Anyone get their physical cert in the mail yet? Mine says mailed on PALS 5/24 but nothing yet at home. 

Wife just told me I have a cert shaped envelope waiting for me at home. 👌🏻

Did they bring back the formal wall certificate?

I got mine yesterday... just the half sized official looking certificate. Nothing nice to hang on the wall. Mine is also dated 4/5.

So the same sort of thing you see at the barber?

9 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

So the same sort of thing you see at the barber?

Yep, it’s lame. The EIT license looks more impressive than the PE license.