PENNSYLVANIA RESULTS - Page 2 - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Glengineer

PENNSYLVANIA RESULTS

So once it's in PALS, I assume it'll take another week or two before they mail they physical license, yeah?

20 minutes ago, orpheus2708 said:

So once it's in PALS, I assume it'll take another week or two before they mail they physical license, yeah?

I believe so. Once it is in PALS though, we will have a License # and are able to order stamps/add PE to our sigs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glengineer said:

I believe so. Once it is in PALS though, we will have a License # and are able to order stamps/add PE to our sigs.

Gotta get that linkedin update!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, orpheus2708 said:

Gotta get that linkedin update!

I just want those little letters in my email signature! 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Glengineer said:

I just want those little letters in my email signature! 😂

Haha, I thought that was just me.  I fully expect to never actually stamp anything in my life.

2 hours ago, mlavigne said:

Haha, I thought that was just me.  I fully expect to never actually stamp anything in my life.

I’ve already been told I need to apply for 6 other states. 😂

6 hours ago, Glengineer said:

I’ve already been told I need to apply for 6 other states. 😂

Are they paying for it?

8 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Are they paying for it?

Yep. They cover all license expenses. Covered all three of my tests, and both classes I took.  The work may be exhausting, but they take care of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glengineer said:

Yep. They cover all license expenses. Covered all three of my tests, and both classes I took.  The work may be exhausting, but they take care of us.

I would just be careful if they're making you assume so much risk vs. the more senior folks. In our firm, only an officer of the company is allowed to sign and seal docs, even though we all have PEs (at least as soon as PALs hurrys up).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, orpheus2708 said:

I would just be careful if they're making you assume so much risk vs. the more senior folks. In our firm, only an officer of the company is allowed to sign and seal docs, even though we all have PEs (at least as soon as PALs hurrys up).

I don’t expect to be signing/sealing anything for a bit, they just want the option if the need arises. My coworker who passed Oct ‘17 has only done one project thus far, and it was a small thing.

EDIT:  Also...PALS needs to hurry the freak up!  HAHAHA

Edited by Glengineer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glengineer said:

EDIT:  Also...PALS needs to hurry the freak up!  HAHAHA

😴

• Haha 1

Spoke with the Board Administrator today about an unrelated subject.  During our conversation, I queried about license updates.

I was told they are working with their system devs to upload the results and issue licenses.  It could take up to 2 weeks, so to be patient for one more week.  I was impatient waiting for the test results....now they expect me to be patient waiting for a license 10 years in the making?  HAHAHAHA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glengineer said:

Spoke with the Board Administrator today about an unrelated subject.  During our conversation, I queried about license updates.

I was told they are working with their system devs to upload the results and issue licenses.  It could take up to 2 weeks, so to be patient for one more week.  I was impatient waiting for the test results....now they expect me to be patient waiting for a license 10 years in the making?  HAHAHAHA

lol PA....#41 ranked overall, but hey we are above Alabama! 

so i guess they intend to use the full 2-week window...

• Sad 1

When you guys log into the pals system, is this all that’s left in your checklist to complete? Never noticed there was 2 items left in there. Does anyone know what “National Examination” is, or why it’s there?

86FC9980-C209-4F13-BFA8-E82283AF861D.jpeg

Looks like my application was completed today and finally got my license number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FromThisSoil said:

When you guys log into the pals system, is this all that’s left in your checklist to complete? Never noticed there was 2 items left in there. Does anyone know what “National Examination” is, or why it’s there?

86FC9980-C209-4F13-BFA8-E82283AF861D.jpeg

Mine says the same thing.  That was what I had talked with them about, which lead to the 2 week comment.  My understanding is they are both covered by the exam we passed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tbauer said:

Looks like my application was completed today and finally got my license number. 

That’s great! Congrats!! Just checked mine, and still waiting!

looks like they are up to the 'G's by last name (via license search)... almost there!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mlavigne said:

looks like they are up to the 'G's by last name (via license search)... almost there!!!!

OH BABY!  I'm an H, so oh yea!!

we are into the H's! 

Congrats!

At this rate only 2 more weeks until they get to the 'L's

• Like 1

Looks like some M's were done on 5/20 actually so maybe they're not going in order....