Michigan results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Mechanical: TFS! I think it was probably a close one--I went into it without studying (other than flipping through the MERM the night before to figure out the location of the conversion tables and rough order of topics).

Since we've got a state thread, now... anyone filed their registration yet? I submitted mine two days ago (paid the fee, then emailed in college/grad transcripts and the signed reference form), but haven't heard anything since other than the auto-respond email, which informed me the application would be processed in "4-6 weeks", which seems kind of lengthy given that the process is electronic. Surely it won't actually take that long?

Unfortunately I am under the old rules,  so I'm not sure... I started my application in 2015.. it just took me forever to sit for the exam and then finally pass it.
Wow! How did the old rules differ, just out of curiosity? The current revision looks easier, at least in the sense that they seem to require less onerous verification of work experience.

Passed in Civil Construction, first attempt!! 

Wow! How did the old rules differ, just out of curiosity? The current revision looks easier, at least in the sense that they seem to require less onerous verification of work experience.
I'm also in the older system, first submitted my application way back in 2014.  Back then you needed to have like 5 references who could verify your experience and the majority of them had to be PEs that you had worked under.

Passed in Civil Construction, first attempt!! 

I'm also in the older system, first submitted my application way back in 2014.  Back then you needed to have like 5 references who could verify your experience and the majority of them had to be PEs that you had worked under.
Glad that's not necessary anymore; I definitely don't have that.

Got my number! I'm official! :)

(Is the 10-digit ID number the "real" number, or just the last 5? In other words, what goes on the stamp?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with the ones when I started, I had to apply and get approved before sitting for the PE by getting my references, etc and verifying everything. For the current rules, you can take your exams well before having the 4 years of required experience, as long as its after your degree, and once you have all of your items, you turn it in online and they take 4 to 6 weeks to verify and process it all. 

Well, with the ones when I started, I had to apply and get approved before sitting for the PE by getting my references, etc and verifying everything. For the current rules, you can take your exams well before having the 4 years of required experience, as long as its after your degree, and once you have all of your items, you turn it in online and they take 4 to 6 weeks to verify and process it all. 
Oh, I see. So at this point, you aren't at any disadvantage since your references are already processed.

Passed Mechanical TFS 1st attempt and am already an official licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Michigan.

Does anyone know whether the license number that ought to go on (for example) a stamp is the full 10-digit number, for example "62010XXXXX" (where the "62010" is common to all PEs in Michigan and other professional licenses seem to have their own five-digit prefix), or just the last part, "XXXXX", for us recent registrations 68XXX in sequence?

Does anyone know whether the license number that ought to go on (for example) a stamp is the full 10-digit number, for example "62010XXXXX" (where the "62010" is common to all PEs in Michigan and other professional licenses seem to have their own five-digit prefix), or just the last part, "XXXXX", for us recent registrations 68XXX in sequence?
It's the last 5 digits.  Verified with (2) coworkers stamps.

It's the last 5 digits.  Verified with (2) coworkers stamps.

Annnnnd I just looked at another coworkers stamp and he has the full 10 digits... this tells me its a preferential thing?

Very interesting! Two votes for 5 and one vote for 10... I like the idea of 5 better, personally, and it's extremely unlikely I'll ever stamp anything so....

Does anyone know if we can expect anything in the mail from the State or is the license look-up/verification all that we can expect once our applications are finalized?

Back