Colorado Results???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Getting the thread ready for tomorrow. Hoping we are the first to release! Maybe call in sick, pass or fail!

Passed Civil Transportation....
Do we know how long it takes DORA to issue our licenses?

Passed Civil/Structural. 2nd attempt. My advice to anyone finding themselves in a similar situation is don't give up. You got this. Put in the time and money up front to provide yourself the best training you can. I tried self studying between an extremely demanding career and it didn't work for me. Second time around I cut out the extracurricular distractions and paid for the online course. There is no shame in getting outside help and the high cost of the course is worth it if you are committed. Best of luck!

Congrats to those who passed!

Passed Civil Transportation....
Do we know how long it takes DORA to issue our licenses?
It's usually a couple of weeks because they find out the same time you do and they need to get everything processed internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to those who passed!

It's usually a couple of weeks because they find out the same time you do and they need to get everything processed internally.
Just so I can be sure that my celebrations are not in vain, Since NCEES shows a passing score there is no way that DORA will come to any other conclusion or hold any other scoring requirements right?

If NCEES shows a passing score DORA will for sure?

Thank you,

In CO, DORA approves your PE application pending a passing score of the exam. Once you pass the exam, you are essentially done and DORA won't change their decision unless you give them a reason to do so (i.e. get arrested during your celebration party).

Regardless, you are not a PE until you receive the license number from them and it is recommended that you wait until you get this license before you start advertising yourself as a PE. You will typically see this in the online database before you receive the hard copy license in the mail (I'm not sure if they still snail mail these, it may just be an email now).

There's typically a couple weeks between when you receive the passing notice and when DORA assigns your PE number. Take this time to relax and start shopping for certificate frames.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dexman,

Thank you very much for this information. Not gonna celebrate too much, certainly not in a way that will get me arrested haha, but didn't know if I should still be holding my breath.

Will certainly be taking this time to relax though.

Really appreciate the help.

Back