April 2019 Civil - WRE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTEngineer

Reaction score
Passed in MT, but interested in figuring out the cut score.  Is it a different cut score for every discipline?

I passed in Oregon! This was my second attempt, failed in October with 45/80. Highly recommend taking the EET review course if you failed. 
I actually took the WRE EET and Breadth EET classes. I knew what my weakest subjects were going to be in the morning and felt okay in the morning portion and then I got to the afternoon portion and saw things that we never covered in the EET classes. But maybe it was just me though and I didn't study those things as thoroughly as I should have.

I actually took the WRE EET and Breadth EET classes. I knew what my weakest subjects were going to be in the morning and felt okay in the morning portion and then I got to the afternoon portion and saw things that we never covered in the EET classes. But maybe it was just me though and I didn't study those things as thoroughly as I should have.
No I agree with you - I felt the afternoon was way heavier on environmental than the practice test or 6-minute solutions. I felt great about the morning, but the afternoon was so much harder than I expected.

I passed so I don't know what my score was, but here is what I thought I scored.

AM 30 answered confidently, estimated 28 correct.  5 50/50 guessed, estimated 2 correct.  5 completely guessed, estimated 1 correct.

PM 17 answered confidently, estimated 16 correct. 10 answered less confidently, estimated 7 correct.  13 answered with low confidence or guessed, estimated 4 correct.

I felt that was a "Safe" estimate which put me at 58.

There was definitely a couple of questions that weren’t covered and I totally had to guess on. I felt that the majority of the afternoon questions were covered by Nazrul but trickier. 

To be honest, I just know the first attempt I self-studied and failed and this attempt I took EET and passed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed first time yay! -- onwards to the next 2 exams....

Guessed on 1 in morning section, guessed on 8 in afternoon section; thus I was expecting to get around 60-62/80, accounting for bad guessing and tricks questions.

Took no classes. Only bought/did practice exams and skimmed over the CERM/tabbed it. ~50-60 hrs of study. It helps to be straight out of college for test taking. 

I thought the morning was difficult and the afternoon wasn’t bad at all. I was only confident on about 25 in the morning but 36-37 in the afternoon. I took it in Texas and passed with a 73, so my estimate was pretty close.

Passed first time, pretty surprised. I didn’t feel confident in the morning, but the afternoon was worse. Didn’t have time during the exam to analyze if how many I was confident in, but probably 20-25 in the morning and 15-20 in the afternoon. 

I studied for about 20 hours in the couple weeks leading up to it (had some family issues that prevented more preparation), mostly practice tests. I’ve always been good at standardized tests though. 

Passed first time, pretty surprised. I didn’t feel confident in the morning, but the afternoon was worse. Didn’t have time during the exam to analyze if how many I was confident in, but probably 20-25 in the morning and 15-20 in the afternoon. 

I studied for about 20 hours in the couple weeks leading up to it (had some family issues that prevented more preparation), mostly practice tests. I’ve always been good at standardized tests though. 
if you only answered 45 questions right, the PE Gods must have blessed you with another 10+ right answers!  Looks like the cut score was over 54.

if you only answered 45 questions right, the PE Gods must have blessed you with another 10+ right answers!  Looks like the cut score was over 54.
I don’t think that 54 is quite as reliable as it’s  being treated. People seem to be quoting it across threads, but it’s secondhand info from a coworker who may have been trying to save some face. 

To those who passed WRE, has anyone else had success with prep courses besides EET? I have failed twice now and did EET both times.  I am glad EET has been great for others but something about it just isn't working for me.  TIA

No I agree with you - I felt the afternoon was way heavier on environmental than the practice test or 6-minute solutions. I felt great about the morning, but the afternoon was so much harder than I expected.

My thoughts as well. I passed(FL), and I believe I nearly aced the morning section which probably saved my butt on the afternoon environmental questions. 

I went into the test feeling unsure on the W/WW section and I left with dread thinking that section(s) may of doomed me. 

To those who passed WRE, has anyone else had success with prep courses besides EET? I have failed twice now and did EET both times.  I am glad EET has been great for others but something about it just isn't working for me.  TIA
Try taking test exams. Learning material doesn't help as much as taking real exams and being able to find answers quickly (you don't even need to know the answers, just where to look for the answers) and thinking on limited pressure/time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't take any prep courses - just the NCEES practice test and 6-minute solutions (which were almost pretty much a waste of time) and a ton of time in the CERM. I think the reason I felt rocked by the afternoon was so much environmental stuff that wasn't in the CERM, but I can say confidently that knowing the CERM inside and out is the reason I passed.

Back