The ones who passed tell us how you did.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandroAldama

Reaction score
The ones who passed, please let the others know how much you think you guessed (morning and Afternoon) and how confident (percentage Morning and Afternoon) you were? To give good hope to the others.

The morning session there were probably ~5 that I wasn't pretty certain I had right.  The afternoon (WRE) I felt awful.  Filled in bubbles with no calculations at all for at least 6 and a lot of others that I had very little confidence in. 
This is exactly what I did 5 out of 40 (not sure), the morning and the afternoon I felt awful (about 20 not really sure).

So maybe it works this time #Structure

Congrats Professional Engineer

Last edited by a moderator:
ME-TFS.  I only educated guessed on two in the afternoon session.  Everything else I had a confident answer for. 
Thanks for your answer, you might be those geniuses who knew before the results what was going on !!!

Congrats again

WRE here as well.

Morning Session: I felt went really well. 3-5 I had to guess on. Mainly structural problems.

Afternoon Session: I did not feel great about the afternoon. The water resource ones were fine. I struggled on 2 or 3. The environmental/treatment questions are what got me.  I had probably 7-9 questions where I was barely getting calcs started or just straight guessing by the time I was done.

WRE here as well.

Morning Session: I felt went really well. 3-5 I had to guess on. Mainly structural problems.

Afternoon Session: I did not feel great about the afternoon. The water resource ones were fine. I struggled on 2 or 3. The environmental/treatment questions are what got me.  I had probably 7-9 questions where I was barely getting calcs started or just straight guessing by the time I was done.
This was almost my exact experience... structures have always been my Achilles heel.

Still waiting on Texas!

Oregon, passed second attempt. Honestly the am portion there were about 10 that I wasn’t sure and 3 of those I didn’t know at all. The pm portion there were about 12 I wasn’t sure and 4 I totally guessed. I highly recommend take the EET review course. It helped.

Civil Structure:

Morning: 40 out of 40 or at least 38.

Afternoon: 35 to 36 + 2  guess +   2 to 3 wrong for sure. I haven't practiced structure that much but I am wondering if you are really practicing you should get it.

I guessed a lot (I also did not study at all—so that is probably not a coincidence) although many of those were “educated guesses” where I was able to eliminate one or two answers as definitely wrong, which improves the odds.

I gave a fuller description here:

ME-TFS.  I only educated guessed on two in the afternoon session.  Everything else I had a confident answer for. 
That’s extremely impressive. I took the same test and that was not my experience. Congrats!

ME TFS. First time taker.  Its all a blur now but I was confident with 61 problems on the exam.  Of the 19 problems I was not confident on I blindly guessed on around 9.

Passed Geotech - 2nd Attempt. Morning was a breeze, confident 32-34, educated guess 2- 4, guesstimate -4. Afternoon was a different story, confident on maybe 20-22; I can say I answered atleast 10+ by process of elimination. I took EET (morning and afternoon). Highly recommend them! Nazrul ans Sameer at EET are terrific teachers! 

I passed. Mechanical TFS. Felt like I bombed, only got the first ten or so questions on both sessions. There were a lot of gotcha questions that were concerning. But I guess I did better than I thought! 

I passed.  First time taker.  I guessed on around 20 problems in the morning and 8-10 in the afternoon portion.  The other problems I was 99% confident.  I took Zach Stone's Electrical PE Review course and it was well worth it.  Still need 4 years of experience though.  I'm glad this is over with!   

PERESULT.png

Passed Mech HVAC in TX. Will post the score when TXPBE makes it available. 

Live/work in PA but went to school in TX and have my EIT there. I design HVAC for a living so expected to pass first time but studied 2-3 hours on weeknights and 4-8 hours each weekend day from Feb 1 through the exam. I had a crazy workload at work and finally had to ask them to back off or I would charge them the cost of the exam, my flight, and my hotel. They did but then I had an unexpected death in my family about ten days before the exam that really rocked me. Thought passing had become borderline.

I worked up to the last second on both sessions so don't have exact count but I only felt fully confident on about 20 questions both AM and PM sessions. On second pass through felt decent about maybe another 5-10 in each session and then took an educated pass at most of the remainder. Both sessions I ran pretty close on time and took a WAG on at least 2-3 each session.

Passed Civil Transportation PE on my first try.

I took School of PE to prepare for the exam. I personally recommend doing the on-site class for the AM Material. It's difficult to stay focused if you are taking the class on your computer.

School of PE prepared really well for the morning section but I feel like they really rushed to cover all the PM material. Preparing for the PM section was tough since the School of PE course ends two weeks before the exam. Therefore, you have a very short amount of time to prepare for the PM section. HSM and HCM material were stuff that I never had to use at work. It was definitely tough to learn all the concepts before the exam.

I felt like I got 30-35 give or take in the morning section. The afternoon section was tough. There were some questions that I have never seen before and I had to make an educated guess using good engineer judgment or go YOLO and put "C". I felt like I was confident that I had the correct answer for 22-26 questions. I got an answer but I wasn't sure on 10 questions. I YOLO guessed on 7.

TL;DR

AM: 30-35 (Confident)

PM: 22-26 (Confident)

Reposting from the CE-WRE thread.  This was my first time taking it, studied a little over a month, used three practice exams, the CRM, and some old text books I've kept around.  I was fairly well prepared for the AM, I was NOT prepared for the PM.  Five years out of college.

I passed so I don't know what my score was, but here is what I thought I scored.

AM 30 answered confidently, estimated 28 correct.  5 50/50 guessed, estimated 2 correct.  5 completely guessed, estimated 1 correct.

PM 17 answered confidently, estimated 16 correct. 10 answered less confidently, estimated 7 correct.  13 answered with low confidence or guessed, estimated 4 correct.

I felt that was a "Safe" estimate which put me at 58, it could have been as high as the low 60s though.  Cut score was higher than 54 from what we can tell.

TL;DR

PM: 31

AM: 27

Back