Washington Results (not DC)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manimani

Reaction score
Any Washington test takers here?

Post results when we get them this week.

Just a friendly reminder for all my WA friends...

The state tends to issue licenses a lot later than when the results are released. Be sure you verify you are listed as a professional engineer in the license query search (https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/bpdlicensequery/) before you go around telling people you are a PE. Don’t wanna start out with restrictions or a revokation.

Just to clarify since I know different states have different requirements, Washington just sends out the license numbers and certificates after passing right? No additional registration forms/fees?

Mechanical - TFS - 1st Time Pass! So stoked.

To answer your question, you are correct. According to the DOL they will send license numbers and certificates out after passing.

Congrats! 

Just to clarify since I know different states have different requirements, Washington just sends out the license numbers and certificates after passing right? No additional registration forms/fees?
If you’ve already paid the fee and filled out the application, you don’t need to do anything else. Your application will be marked completed once they issue your number.

Passed Mech TFS. Had to bubble in approx. 5 straight guesses. Huge thank you to everybody on this board for keeping me sane during these past few weeks and especially to those that gave study tips. Followed the advice to get a first time pass. 

if we pass when do we get notified of our license? 
You’ll be sent snail mail after the license has been issued, with your number, a wallet card, and a 5x10 license paper (similar looking to the ones barbers post in their shops).

Officially, according to the state, the license number is sent within 4 weeks of getting your NCEES results, and wall certificate is sent within 12 weeks.

In my case, I was able to see my license number in the online license lookup database 8 days after I got my NCEES results, but that may or may not be the norm. I suspect a lot of people had their applications processed earlier than I did.

Back