New York Results - Page 3 - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Str. Entrepreneur

New York Results

I'll believe it when I see it. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drewism said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Let us know how it goes.

My license is up.

2 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

My license is up.

You're out-of-state? They've only added 3 out-of-state today.

8 minutes ago, Drewism said:

You're out-of-state? They've only added 3 out-of-state today.

I live out of state but I work in NY and applied in NY. No reciprocity.

20 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

I live out of state but I work in NY and applied in NY. No reciprocity.

But does your address show up as NY address or out of state? Where did you take the PE test? In NY?

5 minutes ago, Gsurface said:

But does your address show up as NY address or out of state? Where did you take the PE test? In NY?

I took the test in NY. My address is out of NY.

5 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

I took the test in NY. My address is out of NY.

Thanks man, congratulations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gsurface said:

Thanks man, congratulations.

You're welcome. Hope you get yours soon. Good luck!

Well, congratulations. Now there's the rest of us. I'll definitely wait the full 8 weeks before contacting them.

• Like 1

They just added a whole bunch of licenses and I finally got my number.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drewism said:

They just added a whole bunch of licenses and I finally got my number.

Congratulations....still waiting for mine. Did you apply and take the exam in NY?

32 minutes ago, Gsurface said:

Congratulations....still waiting for mine. Did you apply and take the exam in NY?

Yes. Applied in NY using the old fashioned forms and took the exam here in the NYC area. I also live and work here.

You might be seeing your number next week or week after next before July 4th, hopefully. Definitely give a call after the 8 week mark if you get nothing.

2 hours ago, Drewism said:

Yes. Applied in NY using the old fashioned forms and took the exam here in the NYC area. I also live and work here.

You might be seeing your number next week or week after next before July 4th, hopefully. Definitely give a call after the 8 week mark if you get nothing.

Would you be able to tell me when you initially submitted your paperwork to be approved for the PE? I'm guessing they prioritize the licenses depending on when the applicant submitted his application or when he was approved. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Gsurface said:

Would you be able to tell me when you initially submitted your paperwork to be approved for the PE? I'm guessing they prioritize the licenses depending on when the applicant submitted his application or when he was approved. Thanks.

I submitted the forms around January 2018 then got a letter from them dated April 05, 2018 (go figure) saying I was approved to take the PE. So, I took the October 2018 exam but didn't pass unfortunately. I re-took it in April 2019 and passed. From the result notice to the license was about 6 weeks.

9 hours ago, Drewism said:

I submitted the forms around January 2018 then got a letter from them dated April 05, 2018 (go figure) saying I was approved to take the PE. So, I took the October 2018 exam but didn't pass unfortunately. I re-took it in April 2019 and passed. From the result notice to the license was about 6 weeks.

Man, we are on the same timeline...so it can't be based on when the forms were approved.

6 hours ago, Gsurface said:

Man, we are on the same timeline...so it can't be based on when the forms were approved.

Yes. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the addition of licenses and approval. They definitely just have a big pile of applications. Whomever passes the exam they just take from the pile and add them into the system. Doesn't seem by date applied, alphabetical order, etc.

The wait is tough but I'm sure you'll be added soon.

The wait is so stressful. Every time my name comes up blank I feel so disappointed.

image.png

14 hours ago, PlayerW said:

The wait is so stressful. Every time my name comes up blank I feel so disappointed.

image.png

I thought I was the only one left. They posted 3 new licenses yesterday. Anyone else here not get their license number yet?

32 minutes ago, Gsurface said:

I thought I was the only one left. They posted 3 new licenses yesterday. Anyone else here not get their license number yet?

I'm still waiting. Last name "Y".

8 minutes ago, TomatoPie said:

I'm still waiting. Last name "Y".

I don't think they go in alphabetical order. My last name starts with "W" and I just got mine and they're still adding.

1 hour ago, Drewism said:

I don't think they go in alphabetical order. My last name starts with "W" and I just got mine and they're still adding.

There was talk that it was alphabetical, but it's been all over the place. Like others have said, I'm not really concerned until it gets beyond the 8 week window.

• Like 1

Last name 'W' here. It's been (6) weeks but if you count the studying it's been (6) months. Actually tomorrow I have an interview for a PE position. It's going to be awkward to say "I passed the exam but I don't have a PE# yet".  They probably gonna tell me to go home.

Oh man.  This is just like how it was following the October 2018 results.  Started uploading - site crashed - trickle of uploads - then around 10/15 licenses a day - jumping around the last names (mostly reciprocity) and then I got my actual number in March 2019.

Good luck everyone!  It is coming; NYSDOE just drags their feet a little bit!