New York Results - Page 2 - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Str. Entrepreneur

New York Results

Nope. Lol. Did anyone else get one?

Edited by Drewism

Probably mostly out-of-state stuff. When they say 5 to 8 weeks they're probably right.

Last license issued was

License No: 101182 
Date of Licensure : 05/24/2019

Been the same for about 2 days.  Don't think they are going to start processing licenses anytime this week  of the next.  Time to play the waiting game.

Edited by Gsurface

Someone I know that took the exam with me in April 2019 just got a license. So I guess they're going through the applications.

1 hour ago, Drewism said:

Someone I know that took the exam with me in April 2019 just got a license. So I guess they're going through the applications.

Yeah, they posted/published about 25 new licenses yesterday alone.  I dont see a specific order though.  Let's hope they get through to that many each day of next week.

• Like 1

Just called NYSDPE. They informed me that my file was in 'queue' and that I should see my license number on their website within next 5-7 business days. My last name starts with 'S'.

1 hour ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Just called NYSDPE. They informed me that my file was in 'queue' and that I should see my license number on their website within next 5-7 business days. My last name starts with 'S'.

I've been checking new licenses getting issued, it looks like they are up to the letter M. I'm counting about 20 licenses per day or so, but this includes out of state addresses which I'm assuming are PEs transferring there licenses to NY. 

My last name is 'W', the struggle is real. I just want my number so I can look for a new job.

They're up to 101370 and they seemed to go from M to R skipping NOPQ. This is getting interesting.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:42 PM, Gsurface said:

I've been checking new licenses getting issued, it looks like they are up to the letter M. I'm counting about 20 licenses per day or so, but this includes out of state addresses which I'm assuming are PEs transferring there licenses to NY. 

🙂

On 6/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Just called NYSDPE. They informed me that my file was in 'queue' and that I should see my license number on their website within next 5-7 business days. My last name starts wit

27 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

They're up to 101370 and they seemed to go from M to R skipping NOPQ. This is getting interesting.

🙂

Seems like the site is down. They published about 7 licenses today, some NYS some out of state. I called yesterday to get a status, the operator basically said it will take 4-6 weeks to process. The wait is killing me.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, PlayerW said:

My last name is 'W', the struggle is real. I just want my number so I can look for a new job.

Lmao. Same here. My last name starts with a "W" meaning we'll be waiting a while. It might even be mid-July when we get one. As soon as I do I'm looking for another job.

Until then I'm going to sit here and wait. Looks like it's a mix of in-state and out-of-state.

25 minutes ago, Drewism said:

Lmao. Same here. My last name starts with a "W" meaning we'll be waiting a while. It might even be mid-July when we get one. As soon as I do I'm looking for another job.

Until then I'm going to sit here and wait. Looks like it's a mix of in-state and out-of-state.

Yup, and it looks like no licenses were posted today and very few yesterday

They added one out of state license today after about five days of no activity. 

Yes. I've seen that. Maybe they're compiling all of the applications and going to upload them all in one fell swoop this week.

*melodramatic tone*

The going rate seems to be 1 for 1. The rate may change tomorrow but that's what it is today... One day, one license.

Well it's 6 weeks and nothing.  So I called again today and they are now telling me I should have gotten an email because I applied many years ago and have a paper file and need to resubmit Form 1.  I started getting annoyed because I never received an email and then she goes on to say that since it's a paper file they don't have my email, that I should have called.  I did call.  No one knows the meaning of customer service anymore.  I find this completely unacceptable on NYS's part.  

• Sad 1

This is very painful...at this rate we should have our licenses by December 😫

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gsurface said:

This is very painful...at this rate we should have our licenses by December 😫

Just in time for my birthday! 😀

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Another two more weeks it is then. Well, maybe longer since the 8 week mark is 4th of July weekend. Like I said, most likely mid-July.

I don't think anyone from April 2019 cycle has been licensed yet. All additions are from previous cycle. Which indicates we could have to wait until next cycle passes. 

5 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

I don't think anyone from April 2019 cycle has been licensed yet. All additions are from previous cycle. Which indicates we could have to wait until next cycle passes. 

I know a guy that passed October 2018, he said it took him about 8 weeks to get the license. I'm just surprised it is taking so long. I don't understand the holdup. Don't they have to approve anyone taking the PE test anyways in NYS? Do they have to recheck the paperwork?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Incorrect. They've issued licenses from April 2019. I took the exam with someone I knew from school and he showed up in the recent additions.

So, I do not understand the hold up at all. Also, to only add one license per day after a week of inactivity is appalling.

• Like 2

Good news: I just got off the phone with NYSDE Office of Professions. The lady said mail has already been sent to my address and should arrive withing 7-10 days and that she's uploading licenses and mine should be online by end of day today. Fingers crossed.

My last name starts with 'S'