New York Results - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Str. Entrepreneur

New York Results

On 5/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Getting this ready for next week...have a nice weekend.

That's 10-gallons of hope in a 5-gallon bucket.  

• Like 1

My gut tells me we'll see our results before 5:00pm today. Of course, I could be wrong.

21 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

My gut tells me we'll see our results before 5:00pm today. Of course, I could be wrong.

Results - Yes.  Actual license from NYS - Not likely.

1 minute ago, JayKay0914 said:

Results - Yes.  Actual license from NYS - Not likely.

Thanks. But I didn't expect license at all right away. Is it the norm in other states to be simultaneous? 

17 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Thanks. But I didn't expect license at all right away. Is it the norm in other states to be simultaneous? 

I think some states do keep results back so they can issue everything at once (and I think some states you have your PE license number already, and passing the exam is the final 'key' to being an official PE), but I really only know-know that NYS is either really fast issuing license or really slow, depending on how many are being issued for in/out of state.

• Like 1

NY releasing results on the first day seemed to be a norm. I guess not this year. Signing out. See y’all tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Took longer than expected but finally results were released on Day 2 around 11:30. 

Found out while I was on the roof a building in Brooklyn. Good thing it was a pass!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So how does the license number wait play out for those that passed? The website states 4-6 weeks and then encourages to look yourself up to see if you were licensed. Any other insights, experiences?

47 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

So how does the license number wait play out for those that passed? The website states 4-6 weeks and then encourages to look yourself up to see if you were licensed. Any other insights, experiences?

go look at OCT 2018 results threads , it's in there

20 minutes ago, a4u2fear said:

go look at OCT 2018 results threads , it's in there

Thanks. I instantly got depressed.

1 hour ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Thanks. I instantly got depressed.

honestly, i got mine fairly quick, others not so much.  i was obsessively looking every day to see if i was licensed, ha

3 minutes ago, a4u2fear said:

honestly, i got mine fairly quick, others not so much.  i was obsessively looking every day to see if i was licensed, ha

Define 'fairly quick' lol. Can't be earlier than 4 weeks right? And I gleaned that it's alphabetical order. Is your last name early in alphabet? 

5 minutes ago, a4u2fear said:

Also, the process to get approved to sit for NY PE exam is already very rigorous. I wonder why there's another review after the test...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Define 'fairly quick' lol. Can't be earlier than 4 weeks right? And I gleaned that it's alphabetical order. Is your last name early in alphabet? 

I think for the last exam they started issuing licenses as early as a week or two after results were released?  They did go alphabetical...but had it split.  So one person seemed to be uploading starting at A's and another person was uploading starting with P's.  Then they started uploading commodity licenses at the same time, so it became a little confusing.

As for another review...I don't think it's specifically a review?  I think it's more of manpower required to enter in the new licensee information into the database.  It might just be a couple of people in NYSDOE who is responsible for uploading all licenses for NYS to the database, i.e., engineering, nursing, geologist, etc. etc., so it could just be a giant bottleneck.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, JayKay0914 said:

I think for the last exam they started issuing licenses as early as a week or two after results were released?  They did go alphabetical...but had it split.  So one person seemed to be uploading starting at A's and another person was uploading starting with P's.  Then they started uploading commodity licenses at the same time, so it became a little confusing.

As for another review...I don't think it's specifically a review?  I think it's more of manpower required to enter in the new licensee information into the database.  It might just be a couple of people in NYSDOE who is responsible for uploading all licenses for NYS to the database, i.e., engineering, nursing, geologist, etc. etc., so it could just be a giant bottleneck.

"PE exams - After receiving a passing result, it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for a status review of your licensure application file. If you meet all requirements for licensure, you will be granted a license as soon as possible."

From the NYSED website, hence my confusion with another 'review.'

What you wrote makes sense. Thanks.

Edited by Str. Entrepreneur

HI, I am also eagerly checking the site everyday. Hope it comes this week. 

I just passed the power PE in NYS and I have been checking everyday as well. I didn't understand what it means that the applications have to undergo a "status review".

On the application they ask all of the pertinent questions such as education, experience, etc. So, my understanding was that if you can sit for the exam and pass then you're pretty much good to go. As others have said, I guess it takes time to input the information into the database to issue licenses.

I remember when I passed my FE it took about 4-5 weeks to get my certificate in the mail. Could be the same amount of time for the actual license. We'll see.

Until then I'll just keep the refreshing the site daily just in case but I expect the wait to be no less than 4 weeks.

Same here. Checking daily. My friend's coworker waited five weeks last October. JayKay0914 above waited a few months. My hopes aren't too high. But this wait is nothing compared to the endless wait for PE exam results.

Also checking daily.  Had a former co-worker that passed in April of 2018.  He waited 2-3 months to be issued his license number cause NYS said there was something missing in his file.  Can someone explain how one checks if NYS added any new licenses?  I see some posters were able to check via the license number, but have no idea how to go about this.  

Yes, it was incredibly fast, results came out Dec 5 2018, I had mine Dec 11 (online posted).  Mail came a little later.

I had read horror stories on NY and didn't find it to be the case.  And my last name started with K