Louisiana State PE Part II Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fil_Engr

Reaction score
Hi Engineers,

I passed the PE exam last October 2018 and just finish today all the documents necessary for Part II of PE application. Last time I checked is that all applications is by hard copies sent directly to Louisiana Board Office. I am planning to send it by courier this weekend. However, just out of curiosity, I opened the LAPELS website and found out that they already change the process from submitting hard copies to online. I haven't opened the online process page but I am wondering if I can still go ahead in submitting my application this weekend?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait the process has changed?

I'm in the same boat. Passed the Mechanical PE in October (2018). I finished documenting all my work history last month and started asking for references/work verification this week. I'm going to have to look into this when I have more time. 

@Fil_Engr I called LAPELS yesterday and spoke to Janet Lindsey, the Applications Manager. I explained that I passed the exam in October 2018 and that my Part 2 application is already in work when I found out about the new online process. She said it's fine to "just send in what I have." So I'm going to continue with the paper process.

I'm finished with everything except obtaining the recommendations forms and experience verification forms. I'm hoping to get that done this month. It's probably worth trying to finish ASAP because I'm sure at some point they will stop accepting the paper applications. 

Back