Dirty Jobs..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Glad I am not doing this one!

(Been driving by this guy all week)

dc32e5a321539ee9a438e71396394a9b.jpg
82668427022d71ab5ab1fe1af48dc46d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MA  - installing the screens for a new Top Golf

Ruggercsc - **** there has to be an easier way to demo that? lol - no thanks!

MA  - installing the screens for a new Top Golf

Ruggercsc - **** there has to be an easier way to demo that? lol - no thanks!
I thought it was something like that.   The pictures showed up strangely on my screen and I didn't realize that there were two jobs yours and Ruggers'

They should've just imploded that chimney.

So I just want to make sure I'm seeing this properly:

The excavator(?) is resting on a tripod of steel beams, which are resting on the chimney is demolishing? But I guess its okay because the excavator is also being "held up" by a cable-pulley system atop a really tall and narrow crane?

It looks like a really thick chimney. Maybe implosion is impracticable? Or they're worried about contaminants in the chimney pluming and transporting out during the collapse?

Civil engineering is weird.

I wonder if the hoe demoes the brick in between the steel beams and is then rotated/lowered by the crane so the beams are in the new low spots and then demoes the brick it had been sitting on previously?

I may get to see this firsthand.  We've got a 180-foot chimney that needs to come down, but things have been built up around it over time that there is no place to drop it so it's going to have to come down in place.

Back