The Breakfast Thread - Page 13 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Supe

The Breakfast Thread

Plain, non-fat, Greek yogurt + raspberries + granola.

granola bar and half of a potato donut, coffee.

Bagel with an egg and turkey sausage, black coffee.

BLT with a "fried" (baked) egg, black coffee.

Baggie o' grapes since I forgot to wash out yogurt container/punishing myself for eating Taco Bell and junk food last night.

Got to get back on track.

fried eggplant pesto egg sandwich from a local place. it was a special but they reprinted their menu board and it's now a regular! yay!

• Like 1

coffee, superhero muffins.

we were out of the muffins over the weekend. So boyfriend bought a bag of Mrs Dunsters donuts as an "alternative breakfast"

'alternative to what?' I said

"nothing *chuckles*" he replied.

Prior to me making these muffins, he'd eat a granola bar. 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:33 AM, LyceeFruit said:

coffee, superhero muffins.

we were out of the muffins over the weekend. So boyfriend bought a bag of Mrs Dunsters donuts as an "alternative breakfast"

'alternative to what?' I said

"nothing *chuckles*" he replied.

Prior to me making these muffins, he'd eat a granola bar. 

True love.  Influencing your SO's diet and palate.

Brekkie for today: yogurt + granola + raspberries that I think I made Wednesday that I forgot to eat until today (oops).

@JayKay0914 so I made more of the muffins yesterday.

And boyfriend says "I think I'm going to try Huel for breakfast"

'What is that?'

"It's a shake. {Best Friend} does it for breakfast sometimes and was telling me about it"

'Uh why?'

"Well these muffins aren't really cost effective, right? You mentioned how expensive some ingredients are"

'the shake sounds like an MLM scheme'

"There aren't shake parties. It's like 1$ per serving"

'uh huh'

8 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

"There aren't shake parties. It's like 1$ per serving"

$1/serving?!?!?!!!!  THAT IS SO EXPENSIVE.  Def sounds like MLM and your boyfriend is going to be tricked by BF.  Please make more delicious muffins to distract and tell him $/per serving and compare nutritional facts!

Egg McMuffin thing from Lidl, Lidl energy drink ($.79  a can and you wouldn't know it wasn't the low-carb Red Bull if you did a blind taste test.)  Black coffee en-route.

2 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

$1/serving?!?!?!!!!  THAT IS SO EXPENSIVE.  Def sounds like MLM and your boyfriend is going to be tricked by BF.  Please make more delicious muffins to distract and tell him $/per serving and compare nutritional facts!

My muffins are probably more - I've never done the math [there's almond flour and maple syrup]

You can get Huel on Amazon so I guess it isn't truly an MLM but it sure sounds shady regardless.

1 hour ago, LyceeFruit said:

My muffins are probably more - I've never done the math [there's almond flour and maple syrup]

You can get Huel on Amazon so I guess it isn't truly an MLM but it sure sounds shady regardless.

Muffins > glorified protein shake.  I'd def look into it more (but better ingredients for a better product accounts for increased cost, whereas a shake...I feel like a majority of shakes, especially protein shakes, are pretty similar in composition when it's whey protein based).

2 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

Muffins > glorified protein shake.  I'd def look into it more (but better ingredients for a better product accounts for increased cost, whereas a shake...I feel like a majority of shakes, especially protein shakes, are pretty similar in composition when it's whey protein based).

What's great about this whole thing, is like an hour before we had unpacked my pantry items into his house. He kind of turned up his nose at my protein powder container. And then, Huel!

I mean, if he wants to drink Huel, I dont care. Im still gonna make muffins

• Haha 1

Huel = soylent beige.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

More muffins for you, @LyceeFruit!

I've definitely influenced my husband's diet. He used to buy his lunch every day, but then we moved in together and now we either have dinner leftovers or premade wraps/salads. We also eat in pretty much 6 nights of the week and definitely have both benefited from a wider variety of dinners cooking for the trip if us than either of us did when cooking for only ourselves.

@leggo PE I love the muffins, especially toasted lol.

I've influenced his eating habits a lot - primarily since I do most of the cooking and when he does cook, I request more veggies than he'd do if he was solo.

We've generally been pretty good about cooking in - we reigned it back in over the summer/early fall. This last week tho, oof. Even though I'm studying, I'm doing most of the planning and prepping. He is 100% expanding his cooking skills after the test. I can't take it always being my thing. He's looking forward to post-test since I've been making him do almost all of the grocery shopping the last few weeks 

We got take out the other night since it was 630pm and finally asked me what was for dinner. I said "there's veggies in the fridge to cook plus leftover chicken". He called the beets turnips and said we're getting take out 

• Like 2

Back to protein shake (30g protein).  Also, was able to score a baby blender bottle at goodwill for $1.  So I'm using that for work shakes instead of my huge one.  Sweet!

not muffins! had a fig bar. And coffee x2.

And will have "brunch" of leftover eggplant parm so I don't snap at the doctor during my lunchtime appt LOL