April Test Takers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePEmaster

Reaction score
How did everyone feel with the exam this cycle April? I felt it was pretty tricky. 

I felt 33-35 confident, 10 were educated guesses, and 10 more clear guesses.

Let me know your thoughts? this is my 3rd time taking it unfortunately. I stuided EEt and Hiners books....

How did everyone feel with the exam this cycle April? I felt it was pretty tricky. 

I felt 33-35 confident, 10 were educated guesses, and 10 more clear guesses.

Let me know your thoughts? this is my 3rd time taking it unfortunately. I stuided EEt and Hiners books....
Just took the Survey exam today. Second time. Feeling quietly confident. Studied the hell out of that Reza book. Confident on 45. Educated guesses on 5. Blind guesses on 5. 

Still a little skeptical because of last time: walked out of the test feeling pretty confident and didn't pass. So fingers crossed for this time. 

@structural2552 wow great I have not done survey. you definitely will pass. I took seismic above... I don't know why its been such a challenge for me I did EEt and hiners problems ALL of them multiple times

@structural2552 wow great I have not done survey. you definitely will pass. I took seismic above... I don't know why its been such a challenge for me I did EEt and hiners problems ALL of them multiple times
Thanks! I'm sure you did okay too. The thing with these tests is that they're actually hard if you don't do these on a daily basis at work or otherwise. Then there's the time issue. I'm sure if I had another 10 minutes, I could have reduced the number of blind guesses from 5 to at least 2 or 3. So it's not easy. 

Hang in there! You will pass with a little bit of luck. Now it's a grueling 2 week wait. Ugh.

Thanks! Yeah seriously its all about the time constraints.... you can only understand so much and if they dont ask you those questions its not even your fualt lol.

I think I have had some bad luck because first 2 attempts I had 4/6 marginal and proficients.

Took Surveying. 

Like always, i ended up running out of time. 

I guessed on 10 for sure, and feel OK on the rest. Maybe about 10 more guesses and confident on 35 as well. 

My third time as well, hopefully this one is the one. 

Seismic was at the beginning of the month.  Felt confident on 20, 30 could go either way, 5 I had to guess.  Took survey this last Monday and ran out of time - confident on 15, 25 could go either way, 5 educated guess, 10 were a complete guess.  I'm a Chem Engr by degree and figured out that folks who largely deal with fluids don't do much with geometry after high school - the coordinate geometry is slow for me as I have to hand draw the trianges/angles.  Oh well.

Seismic was at the beginning of the month.  Felt confident on 20, 30 could go either way, 5 I had to guess.  Took survey this last Monday and ran out of time - confident on 15, 25 could go either way, 5 educated guess, 10 were a complete guess.  I'm a Chem Engr by degree and figured out that folks who largely deal with fluids don't do much with geometry after high school - the coordinate geometry is slow for me as I have to hand draw the trianges/angles.  Oh well.
I agree about hand drawing. This is when I wish these tests were still paper and not CBT so I didn't have to waste time making addtl drawings/sketches.

Back