Looks like NCEES folks are sending pass/fail notifications early

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

lol, just wait a couple more weeks. Things will get much more creative and frequent when the April 2019 Result SF is created and things seem more imminent.
So in about 2 weeks, that'll get created and we have to go through the photoshop "I passed!" phase? 

Yep, you know the drill.

The stuff that happens this early is obviously wrong and just a little poke. But in like two weeks*, people start to think that the results can drop at any moment, and that's when the fake results posts can get a bigger reaction out of people.

FWIW, I haven't closely read this thread, so I don't know if it's a troll post. Introverted people (engineer types) tend lurk and make observations for a while before posting for the first time. Example: me. But I've seen this topic based on this observation come up so many times and it always plays out the same, that I'm inclined to believe that the OP may have thought they found something new and were trying to share. There's a reason why I call this sort of thing "Futile Exercise B"

*And nobody should interpret this statement as me claiming the results will be out in two weeks, just that that's when people generally expect it to be plausible. I legit don't have any insights into the release date this session beyond the historic April numbers.

So in about 2 weeks, that'll get created and we have to go through the photoshop "I passed!" phase? 
YUP! prepare for the heart uncontrollable racing, you frantically go to NCEES webpage and F5 a few times, only to realize....it was fake. 😥

I guess it's good that I didn't hang around the boards the first go around.

Yep, you know the drill.

The stuff that happens this early is obviously wrong and just a little poke. But in like two weeks*, people start to think that the results can drop at any moment, and that's when the fake results posts can get a bigger reaction out of people.

FWIW, I haven't closely read this thread, so I don't know if it's a troll post. Introverted people (engineer types) tend lurk and make observations for a while before posting for the first time. Example: me. But I've seen this topic based on this observation come up so many times and it always plays out the same, that I'm inclined to believe that the OP may have thought they found something new and were trying to share. There's a reason why I call this sort of thing "Futile Exercise B"

*And nobody should interpret this statement as me claiming the results will be out in two weeks, just that that's when people generally expect it to be plausible. I legit don't have any insights into the release date this session beyond the historic April numbers.
I went through the OPs post history to figure out that they passed in October 2017. So yes, it is a troll post. 

YUP! prepare for the heart uncontrollable racing, you frantically go to NCEES webpage and F5 a few times, only to realize....it was fake. 😥
This isn't my first rodeo. I'll just sit here anxiously watching the map getting filled in and my stomach in my throat until I get the email from NCEES that VT  has released the results. 

Back