EIT and PE Certificate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my PE Certificate in the mail yesterday :)

Do I replace it with my EIT certificate or hang it above it?
If the NCEES Gods rule in my favor in a few weeks, I plan to take the 'hang above it' option.

Replace it. No need to keep the EIT up unless its company policy; otherwise it gives off hints of narcissism or megalomania.

Thanks for the advice. I had a feeling the concensus was to replace it. Probably just sentiment and the fact that i it took me more tried to pass the FE exam than the NCEES Exam. 

I have 2 (from different states). You better believe I am going to hang them in my office at home to make myself feel accomplished. People outside the field have no idea what it means, so hopefully they will be impressed

My state puts your EIT license number as “null and void” as its status after you pass the PE, so other than a memento, it’s meaningless. I wouldn’t hang it up at all. File it away with the rest of your old paperwork. 

My state puts your EIT license number as “null and void” as its status after you pass the PE, so other than a memento, it’s meaningless. I wouldn’t hang it up at all. File it away with the rest of your old paperwork. 
My state is supposed to do this too, but for some reason I am listed as both an EIT and a PE at this moment. I wonder if/when that will change...

My state puts your EIT license number as “null and void” as its status after you pass the PE
FWIW, Pennsylvania will only null-and-void it iff you get your PE in Pennsylvania. Otherwise they keep it active.

I'm still an active EIT there. True, it is meaningless: an active PA EIT and $1.29 will get me a cup of coffee at Wawa.

I replaced the EIT certificate with my PE certificate. Mostly because I did not want to get anther frame. However, my EIT certificate was from Wyoming and my PE license is in South Dakota, so I did hang onto the certificate, because it is still technically valid until I finally apply for the Wyoming license. I would not hang both up to be honest, similar reasons to what RBHeadge said before. 

Back