October 2019 Examinees - Page 4 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
AhsanTX

October 2019 Examinees

3 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

Have you bought the finall exam then?

I purchased all of the other stuff last cycle and it's definitely helpful. So I'm considering getting the final exam as well... 

Yes I bought the final exam plus the one that was all code related questions.

3 minutes ago, MEtoEE said:

Yes I bought the final exam plus the one that was all code related questions.

Are you finding it to be worthwhile??

56 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Are you finding it to be worthwhile??

I have not taken the simulated "Final" practice exam for Eng Pro Guides yet.  I scanned through the problems and sections to see what is covered.

One thing I noticed was that the Eng Pro Guides original practice exam changed a little from last year.  I took the PE exam last October and scored 43/80.  I found the Eng Pro Guides material very helpful and took their practice exam last year.  This year it looks like they removed a couple of problems but included some additional bonus problems as well.  Justin Kauwale (who owns EngProGuides) and Zach Stone (who has his own ElectricalPEReview course) both pay close attention to feedback from students and are constantly updating their material.  I took Zach's course but would highly recommend either course.  I saved and still have all of Zach's course notes and homework/practice exam problems, so this time around I'm just going through and taking as many practice exams as I can.

I will say aside from Zach's course notes I referred to the EngProGuides and Graffeo material the most during the exam.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MEtoEE said:

I have not taken the simulated "Final" practice exam for Eng Pro Guides yet.  I scanned through the problems and sections to see what is covered.

One thing I noticed was that the Eng Pro Guides original practice exam changed a little from last year.  I took the PE exam last October and scored 43/80.  I found the Eng Pro Guides material very helpful and took their practice exam last year.  This year it looks like they removed a couple of problems but included some additional bonus problems as well.  Justin Kauwale (who owns EngProGuides) and Zach Stone (who has his own ElectricalPEReview course) both pay close attention to feedback from students and are constantly updating their material.  I took Zach's course but would highly recommend either course.  I saved and still have all of Zach's course notes and homework/practice exam problems, so this time around I'm just going through and taking as many practice exams as I can.

I will say aside from Zach's course notes I referred to the EngProGuides and Graffeo material the most during the exam.

I feel this is very accurate and agree with your thoughts!

10 hours ago, ItsStudyTime! said:

I feel this is very accurate and agree with your thoughts!

When I stated I'm taking as many practice exams as I can, I should have posted a link to your study method.  It has been very useful so far as well as the video resources you used.

• Like 2

I still feel I have some gaps to cover, but I'm feeling more prepared than I did this time last year.

I'm still working some practice exams, to keep my mind in "Study Mode". But I am feeling much better prepared than last April and more nervous lol.

• Like 1

I'm still working on random problem by picking question number and solve that to keep my mind in study mode. 

Good Luck to everyone who is taking their PE this October. Give your best on the day of exam. I was in the same boat exactly an year back and ended up passing. And well, this thread was started on April 24th? @AhsanTX has started preparing for the exam 6 months back. Thats really surprising You are probably the one who has prepared for the most number of days in the entire USA. Good luck on your exam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You all got this!!! Then you can get your lives back! Almost there!!!

• Like 1

I posted something in the wrong thread, so here's another rah rah you got this post :)

Edited by txjennah PE

On 10/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, txjennah PE said:

I posted something in the wrong thread, so here's another rah rah you got this post :)

We wrote in Texas together last October. I remember seeing you posting here during the result. Am I correct?

4 hours ago, Invisible said:

We wrote in Texas together last October. I remember seeing you posting here during the result. Am I correct?

Yes, I finally passed during that round 😃

• Like 1