October 2019 Examinees - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
AhsanTX

October 2019 Examinees

Hi, 

I am planning to take the Power PE Exam in October, 2019. Just wanted to see who else is on the same route and how you guys are preparing.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

Hi, 

I am planning to take the Power PE Exam in October, 2019. Just wanted to see who else is on the same route and how you guys are preparing.

Thanks.

Give me a few weeks and I'll tell you if I'm in your boat or not.  Nothing against you but I hope not.

• Like 3

As @fyrfytr310 said, I'll give you my insights in a few weeks.

If you go back in this board tho, someone wrote a long post for what they did for Oct 2018, I'd read through that for ideas. And then find some more battery resources. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, AhsanTX said:

Hi, 

Thanks.

Feel free to enroll in the free trial of our online review course here:

Electrical PE Review - Free Trial

It contains some of our best material directly from the paid version of our online review course and you don't need a credit card to sign up. 

19 minutes ago, SargeLausage said:

I hope I am not taking it in October, but I guess I'll know in a few weeks.

Samesies. This thread makes my soul hurt

On 5/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, LyceeFruit said:

Samesies. This thread makes my soul hurt

How did you do? I can happily say I am not taking it in October.

1 minute ago, SargeLausage said:

How did you do? I can happily say I am not taking it in October.

I'll be taking it in October.

22 minutes ago, SargeLausage said:

You'll get it next time! Don't give up!!

7th time is a charm, right? Fuck this test. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

I'm throwin' the towel in! I'm done! I can't do this anymore!

5 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

I'm throwin' the towel in! I'm done! I can't do this anymore!

I agree. I'm so over it. But it's basically a requirement for me at my company (consulting firm) and I'd like to move past being a "staff engineer" SO HERE I AM. 

For anyone taking the PE for the first time this October or retaking it, I highly recommend the 6 month unlimited option of Electrical PE Review course by@Zach Stone, P.E.. The price seems a bit steep at first, but I promise you it's well worth it. His content is comprehensive and his online lectures are very engaging - no death by power point and no trying to figure out where to start with your studying. I used it for my 2nd go round and passed, so I suggest you spend the money, pass the exam and move on with your life.

Also, he might have an alligator, which is pretty cool.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 9:18 AM, fyrfytr310 said:

Give me a few weeks and I'll tell you if I'm in your boat or not.  Nothing against you but I hope not.

Annnnnnnd, I will not be in your boat.  Good luck to all taking in October!

6 hours ago, amk78 said:

For anyone taking the PE for the first time this October or retaking it, I highly recommend the 6 month unlimited option of Electrical PE Review course by@Zach Stone, P.E.. The price seems a bit steep at first, but I promise you it's well worth it. His content is comprehensive and his online lectures are very engaging - no death by power point and no trying to figure out where to start with your studying. I used it for my 2nd go round and passed, so I suggest you spend the money, pass the exam and move on with your life.

Also, he might have an alligator, which is pretty cool.

Pay $200 or $2000, passing is passing. Getting that PE is worth more than you know.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, LyceeFruit said:

I feel for you, you must have some guts to do this 7 times. I would probably give up after 3rd time. This October you shall pass. We are all rooting for you. When initially you said 7th time, I'm like you must be pranking, trying to get fail score data from people which otherwise they would be reluctant in giving. 

Edited by roy167

8 minutes ago, roy167 said:

I feel for you, you must have some guts to do this 7 times. I would probably give up after 3rd time. This October you shall pass baby. We are all rooting for you. When initially you said 7th time, I'm like you must be pranking, trying to get fail score data from people which otherwise they would be reluctant in giving. 

Let's avoid using "baby" ever again.

No idea why one would prank about taking it for a 7th time. But im legitimately going for try 7. Begrudgingly. But im doing it. I have an outline of a plan of attack for the next 23 weeks.

1 hour ago, Sunny12 said:

What book we can study.

Please search the Electrical Power portion of this site. 

19 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

Let's avoid using "baby" ever again.

No idea why one would prank about taking it for a 7th time. But im legitimately going for try 7. Begrudgingly. But im doing it. I have an outline of a plan of attack for the next 23 weeks.

Have you done any online course?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stephen2awesome said:

Have you done any online course?

No. I don't do well with online learning as I figured out in undergrad. And there isn't an in-person course in my state or the state next to mine. 

ETA: I am planning on utilizing the free access of Zach Stone's stuff soon and if that works out well for me, I will be doing 2 months of his course later this summer. 

Edited by LyceeFruit

1 hour ago, LyceeFruit said:

No. I don't do well with online learning as I figured out in undergrad. And there isn't an in-person course in my state or the state next to mine. 

ETA: I am planning on utilizing the free access of Zach Stone's stuff soon and if that works out well for me, I will be doing 2 months of his course later this summer. 

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. You can find my email address on our main website at www.electricalpereview.com. I also suggest reviewing some of the free articles on the main site, there is a large amount of high-quality content that is useful for the exam. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zach Stone, P.E. said:

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. You can find my email address on our main website at www.electricalpereview.com. I also suggest reviewing some of the free articles on the main site, there is a large amount of high-quality content that is useful for the exam. 

I appreciate that Zach. I've read a couple of articles on your site  last exam cycle and it was definitely useful. Have you gone printer-friendly yet?? 

• Like 1