How long do I need to wait to get an approval from MA Board?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEXY

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

If anyone here has ever applied the PE exam with Massachusetts board, I am wondering how long did you wait to get an approval from the board? I am talking about the waiting time after PCS sends your application documents to the board. 

I am planning to take PE exam in this October, and I assume the registration deadline is June 1st, 2019. PCS sent my application to MA board on March 8th, 2019, and told me ''Massachusetts Board meets once a month (last Thursday of the month) and you will usually be notified of the eligibility review outcome by the end of the next week following your approval'', ''The normal processing time for first time board applications is up to six months after receipt of all required documentation''.

I didn't hear anything from board in March, and their next meeting is this coming Thursday (April 25th, 2019). I guess if I still cannot receive an approval in April, I will miss the exam opportunity for October since their next meeting is May 30th. 

I am wondering how long did you guys wait to get an approval from MA board? Is there anything I can do to catch the exam in October? 

Thanks.

Registration for opens for October 2019 exams in mid June, IIRC 17 Jun. And closes late August/early September - cant find an actual date yet.

Registration for opens for October 2019 exams in mid June, IIRC 17 Jun. And closes late August/early September - cant find an actual date yet.
Thank you LyceeFruit for the info. 

I go back to check PCS website, which states "All supporting documentation must also be received by PCS by June 1st for the October examination" . So June 1st is the date that PCS stops receiving the application, not the deadline of exam registration. 

Now I am clear! 

Back