CA Seal Design

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zth5029psu

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! 

I just found out that I passed both exams and started looking into where to order my seal. There are a bunch of websites but I think PEStamps.com is the one I will use. My question is about the actual design. In the 2019 Board Rules and Regulations it specifies a design style in Section 411-(a)-C. However, PEStamps.com has additional designs that are a little nicer than the plain lines in the board rules. Do I have to get a seal that looks exactly like the one in the Board Rules and Regs? For instance, there is a seal design with the CA Bear in the center that I think looks really nice. Also, the plain seal has the option of a rope outer border. 

Any info would be appreciated ! Thanks!

The seal just needs to meet the requirements as stated in Board Rule 411 as a minimum.  Feel free to expand upon that as you wish as long as it complies with the regulations.

The seal just needs to meet the requirements as stated in Board Rule 411 as a minimum.  Feel free to expand upon that as you wish as long as it complies with the regulations.
Doesn't he need to wait the congratulatory e-mail from the board that contains a pdf file that shows the seal with his name and number. 

My License number was issued 3/29 and I haven't got the  congratulatory e-mail- any idea when they will send it this month ?  

Doesn't he need to wait the congratulatory e-mail from the board that contains a pdf file that shows the seal with his name and number. 

My License number was issued 3/29 and I haven't got the  congratulatory e-mail- any idea when they will send it this month ?  
Well yes, that would be the most prudent thing to do since the person is not officially licensed until the letter is sent out by the Board with the license number.  I was just focused on the questions about the configuration of the seal in my previous response.

The letter is confirmation that the person met ALL requirements for licensure, not just that an exam or two were passed.  So you are more correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yes, that would be the most prudent thing to do since the person is not officially licensed until the letter is sent out by the Board with the license number.  I was just focused on the questions about the configuration of the seal in my previous response.

The letter is confirmation that the person met ALL requirements for licensure, not just that an exam or two were passed.  So you are more correct.
Thank you! This perfectly answers my question! Also, thanks for how you answer other people's questions so well. You have answered a bunch of other questions I had through other people's posts. It helps to have someone like you on the board, so I wanted to mention that.

I know I have to wait for my number. I wanted to have this question answered before I got the number so I could order a seal right away rather than wait. 

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back