I’ll never be the same.... - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
fyrfytr310

I’ll never be the same....

I, like most of us, have taken literally hundreds upon hundreds of tests.  I’ve taken AP exams, Journeyman licensing tests, college finals, the FE and even personality tests (haha!) and none have had such a visceral effect as that cruel devil last Friday.

Lord, may the mercy of your light open a path to a reality where I don’t have to do that again......

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

It does definitely suck the 2nd time around- I am glad I don’t know what the third time around feels like...

• Like 4

I do remember the PE being the most mentally draining day of my life. Mrs Dex took me out to dinner after she picked me up and I was absolutely numb for the rest of the weekend. The beer I had with dinner that night was the best tasting drink I can remember despite being a Coors Light...

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, fyrfytr310 said:

I, like most of us, have taken literally hundreds upon hundreds of tests.  I’ve taken AP exams, Journeyman licensing tests, college finals, the FE and even personality tests (haha!) and none have had such a visceral effect as that cruel devil last Friday.

Lord, may the mercy of your light open a path to a reality where I don’t have to do that again......

I hear you, I was exhausted about halfway through PM session. I kept thinking, I really hope I don’t have to go through this BS again.

• Like 1

Sat through the test three times.....None of which was more fun than the last. Hopefully this is the last one. 

• Like 5

I've been there. This is my third time taking it and I found out that I did not pass again.

I actually ended up purchasing the EET prep course for PE Civil Transportation and found out that I got the same amount of questions right for the previous two tests.

I'm a very poor test taker but I really thought I did much better the last time around.

Guess I have to press on and try again in October.

12 minutes ago, drewwu said:

I've been there. This is my third time taking it and I found out that I did not pass again.

I actually ended up purchasing the EET prep course for PE Civil Transportation and found out that I got the same amount of questions right for the previous two tests.

I'm a very poor test taker but I really thought I did much better the last time around.

Yeah found out today my 2nd attempt was not successful. I am also not a strong test taker. I am sure I fell for a few tricks.

I took SoPE first try and depth material wasn’t enough so caved and took the free repeat of SoPE for morning review and the EET depth for structural. My score did improve but not enough.

I’m going to sit again in Oct and I just plan on working on my speed of solving problems, one of my biggest weaknesses. Stay strong!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WickedYetCivil said:

Yeah found out today my 2nd attempt was not successful. I am also not a strong test taker. I am sure I fell for a few tricks.

I took SoPE first try and depth material wasn’t enough so caved and took the free repeat of SoPE for morning review and the EET depth for structural. My score did improve but not enough.

I’m going to sit again in Oct and I just plan on working on my speed of solving problems, one of my biggest weaknesses. Stay strong!

I'm with you! Keep your head up!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WickedYetCivil said:

tests.

I thought we could only give it three times in a four year period

57 minutes ago, drewwu said:

I thought we were only allowed three tries in a four year period

23 hours ago, Austincivil said:

I thought we were only allowed three tries in a four year period

Oh, I did not take them consecutively. It's been every two years due to personal circumstances.

4 times and painful every single time. WRE isn't easier, it's just I wasn't prepared for the previous three test and since they switched the HCM manuals before my 4th time. I switched over to something I do at my new job. 

NCEES Results.PNG

Edited by Fisherman504

That's a great feeling when you finally see that green "Pass".  I passed on my 2nd attempt last April taking Transportation, but it took me 4 attempts to pass the FE.

• Like 2

@Fisherman504 Congrats on passing. I see you're from my neck of the woods (I'm from New Orleans.) How would you compare the New Orleans location to the Baton Rouge location. I took it in New Orleans at the Pontchartrain Center, but I heard that the setup isn't as good as Baton Rouge. Thoughts?