I’ll never be the same....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
I, like most of us, have taken literally hundreds upon hundreds of tests.  I’ve taken AP exams, Journeyman licensing tests, college finals, the FE and even personality tests (haha!) and none have had such a visceral effect as that cruel devil last Friday.

Lord, may the mercy of your light open a path to a reality where I don’t have to do that again......

I do remember the PE being the most mentally draining day of my life. Mrs Dex took me out to dinner after she picked me up and I was absolutely numb for the rest of the weekend. The beer I had with dinner that night was the best tasting drink I can remember despite being a Coors Light...

I, like most of us, have taken literally hundreds upon hundreds of tests.  I’ve taken AP exams, Journeyman licensing tests, college finals, the FE and even personality tests (haha!) and none have had such a visceral effect as that cruel devil last Friday.

Lord, may the mercy of your light open a path to a reality where I don’t have to do that again......
I hear you, I was exhausted about halfway through PM session. I kept thinking, I really hope I don’t have to go through this BS again.

I've been there. This is my third time taking it and I found out that I did not pass again.

I actually ended up purchasing the EET prep course for PE Civil Transportation and found out that I got the same amount of questions right for the previous two tests.

I'm a very poor test taker but I really thought I did much better the last time around.

Guess I have to press on and try again in October.

I've been there. This is my third time taking it and I found out that I did not pass again.

I actually ended up purchasing the EET prep course for PE Civil Transportation and found out that I got the same amount of questions right for the previous two tests.

I'm a very poor test taker but I really thought I did much better the last time around.

Yeah found out today my 2nd attempt was not successful. I am also not a strong test taker. I am sure I fell for a few tricks.

I took SoPE first try and depth material wasn’t enough so caved and took the free repeat of SoPE for morning review and the EET depth for structural. My score did improve but not enough.

I’m going to sit again in Oct and I just plan on working on my speed of solving problems, one of my biggest weaknesses. Stay strong!

Yeah found out today my 2nd attempt was not successful. I am also not a strong test taker. I am sure I fell for a few tricks.

I took SoPE first try and depth material wasn’t enough so caved and took the free repeat of SoPE for morning review and the EET depth for structural. My score did improve but not enough.

I’m going to sit again in Oct and I just plan on working on my speed of solving problems, one of my biggest weaknesses. Stay strong!
I'm with you! Keep your head up!

I thought we were only allowed three tries in a four year period

4 times and painful every single time. WRE isn't easier, it's just I wasn't prepared for the previous three test and since they switched the HCM manuals before my 4th time. I switched over to something I do at my new job. 

NCEES Results.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fisherman504 Congrats on passing. I see you're from my neck of the woods (I'm from New Orleans.) How would you compare the New Orleans location to the Baton Rouge location. I took it in New Orleans at the Pontchartrain Center, but I heard that the setup isn't as good as Baton Rouge. Thoughts?

@Fisherman504 Congrats on passing. I see you're from my neck of the woods (I'm from New Orleans.) How would you compare the New Orleans location to the Baton Rouge location. I took it in New Orleans at the Pontchartrain Center, but I heard that the setup isn't as good as Baton Rouge. Thoughts?
I did take it at both sites and I highly recommend the Baton Rouge site. Lapels fed us twice there during lunch (dirty rice), last cycle when I passed they didn't though. The New Orleans testing center waiting was tiring (seems like they were new to this). It looped around into the warehouse loading dock. There were no chairs or comfortable area to sit during lunch. The Baton Rouge site had comfortable chairs and a lot of rooms and hideaway spots so you can bring your mental state back together after the morning session. There's a Lake/Pond to look at during lunch too. Parking is also better at the BR site. In Nola, they tried to stuff as many people as they can in this one big room with low ceilings. The one in Baton Rouge is at the Pennington research center on Perkins and it's so comfortable with the tall ceilings and sound proof material on the walls. I think there were also 4 different rooms and the tables were so spread out at the Baton Rouge site that I was able to lay all my books on the ground facing up. New Orleans just stuffed us in a room like 70lbs of crawfish in a 50 gallon stock pot.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back