April 2019 15k SPAM Thread - Page 310 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

On a random note, driving in NYC stinks. I'm not used to the volume of drivers and the relatively aggressive nature of them.

I have to go back down there Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to it.

16 minutes ago, preeb said:

Hm, maybe you can play a bit of it in the living room and maybe he would give it a try after watching you or your brother play?

I want to get out of the Hotel NY-PE!!

Nah, he won't watch us play.  He'll say he has better stuff to work on/doesn't want to waste time.  He has to think that he decided to do this instead of forced.  Kinda like tricking a cat into taking it's medicine/playing with a new toy.

HOTEL NY PE IS THE BEST HOTEL.  Except CA hotel keeps being butt-heads.

Ohhhh man office printer keeps printing an 11x17 figure on a letter size, even though I keep selecting the 11x17 option before printing.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Accurate map is accurate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, preeb said:

On a random note, driving in NYC stinks. I'm not used to the volume of drivers and the relatively aggressive nature of them.

Oh god no I refuse to drive in NYC, LOL.

4 minutes ago, preeb said:

I mean, do you have to drive?  What time would you be driving in?  It's not thaaaaaat bad.  Unless you're in the mid/downtown area.

Spam so I can get results soonish 

5 minutes ago, txjennah PE said:

I absolutely hate driving in cities.  Atlanta is bad enough a few times a year for me.

6 minutes ago, txjennah PE said:

ditto, or DC.

Just now, EngrPaper said:

I absolutely hate driving in cities.  Atlanta is bad enough a few times a year for me.

I haven't driven in Atlanta but I heard it's bad.  Dallas/Houston was intimidating enough for me, hahaha.  

2 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

I mean, do you have to drive?  What time would you be driving in?  It's not thaaaaaat bad.  Unless you're in the mid/downtown area.

Strictly speaking, no. But it would be logistically more complicated with the time constraints. Also it's less paperwork. I have a meeting in Brooklyn Bed-Stuy area at 10AM I'm trying to push to 11AM.

I think I'm just used to open roads and country roads Upstate. My commute up here is literally 10 minutes with no traffic, so I'm spoiled in that regard.

LOL, I literally ranted in my first masters about how bad Atlanta drivers are. But I'm way more comfortable driving there than Manhattan.

I don't drive in DC because of all the redlight and smart speeding cameras - cameras which occasionally tag the wrong cars. 

My theory is that traffic and gridlock is the source of human misery. 

Nothing worse than being stuck in San Francisco watching the lights cycle through 100 times

• Thanks 1

Actual video of my regular commute back in Philly:

mad-max-fury-road-gif.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm used to aggressive driving. I can handle it way better than most.

But yeah, fuck driving in NYC and DC!

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

Actual video of my regular commute back in Philly:

mad-max-fury-road-gif.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm used to aggressive driving. I can handle it way better than most.

But yeah, fuck driving in NYC and DC!

That makes me laugh. I have family living in Philly and two of them are verrryyy aggressive drivers. I absolutely refuse to drive with my cousin lol.

The worst drivers I've seen were in Rio, then Rome. Philly would be a distant third.

Rio was chaotic, aggressive, and overtly violent. Rome was organized chaos. Philly is aggressive, predictable, and mildly violent.

I've driven in DC before and the layout was confusing from what I remember.

What I remember more is the flat tire I got and having to change it on the side of a city street.

You get used to it here but I do adjust my aggressive driving (bitchiness) to where I'm driving in NY though.. when I drive upstate (anything Yonkers and above for a New Yorker:)) I take a breather knowing that people are more polite.

5 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

The worst drivers I've seen were in Rio, then Rome. Philly would be a distant third.

Rio was chaotic, aggressive, and overtly violent. Rome was organized chaos. Philly is aggressive, predictable, and mildly violent.

Haven't been to Rome but I have family in Naples, and the driving there is INSANE. And my dad was like, "Oh yeah, it's gotten so much better. You should have seen it 30 years ago." Nooope lol.

Driving in Florida was an experience. 

17 hours ago, txjennah PE said:

Buying a house is expensive and closing costs make me want to cry spam

Agreed.  And then the neighbor threatens to have a house built on the empty lot next door... and to stop it you buy the land so they can't do that.  Sigh.  Only 6 more years on that loan.