What are your thoughts about the test?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depth, I thought was difficult.This was my 2nd time taking it and I thought I was well prepared for the depth but I was wrong. I want to say, I am 50/50 about how many I got right.

Breadth, very doable.

Wow, are there no other Geo takers out there?...Geez!

It was the same way last exam cycle... Took a while for me to get even a few people to respond on here. I think we are a very small, dying, breed..

I suppose so...seems like most other disciplines are posting.

The exam was definitely challenging. I took Transportation. Some questions in both the AM and PM took well more than 6mins to solve. And after solving 40 questions your brain is so tired. I actually got tough questions right and missed some easy questions. Im still amazed as to how I made it to the finish. Hopefully I never have to see that exam again. Im ready to sell all these books

I felt the Geotech PM was difficult as well. I did plenty of practice exams, such as the NCEES and PE Prepared, and easily passed them. However, this exam seemed to cover much more obscure topics, that were heavily theory, and that caught me off gaurd. I was able to answer 15 confidently, another 15 or so with some knowledge, and the last 10 I could get it down to two and had to make an educated guess. I'm personally hoping for a 25 out of 40 on the PM.

For the AM, i thought it wasn't bad, only 1 problem I had no idea how to do, and made some other stupid mistakes. Hopefully I get around a 34 or so on the AM. Either way, I'm feeling its going to be very close if I pass or fail. 

I felt the Geotech PM was difficult as well. I did plenty of practice exams, such as the NCEES and PE Prepared, and easily passed them. However, this exam seemed to cover much more obscure topics, that were heavily theory, and that caught me off gaurd. I was able to answer 15 confidently, another 15 or so with some knowledge, and the last 10 I could get it down to two and had to make an educated guess. I'm personally hoping for a 25 out of 40 on the PM.
For the AM, i thought it wasn't bad, only 1 problem I had no idea how to do, and made some other stupid mistakes. Hopefully I get around a 34 or so on the AM. Either way, I'm feeling its going to be very close if I pass or fail. 

That sounds like a pass to me

Back