April 2019 SE Results Thread - Page 28 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Civil Dawg

April 2019 SE Results Thread

I think we're gotten 1 Pass and 6 fails so far? I'm about to fudgy my pants.

• fudgey 1

I'm ordering a manual verification of the morning. I had several errant scratches from bouncing around problems.

16 minutes ago, FutureSE said:

Whelp NCEES, you got me. I fucking give the fuck up.

MORNING.jpg

AFTERNOON.jpg

So did I add that up right, you got 23/40 and A/A/A/IR and still didnt pass? WTF.

4 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Bro, BR~ I really don't know what I am thinking now. I remember I told you "one afternoon problem I don't even know which part of code I should go for it". I am still hoping to pass. Maybe I am crazy already.

Bridges?  I quoted you on that statement earlier in this thread lol

45 minutes ago, kcd58 said:

First post but I've been following this thread for a long time.  I got my results an hour ago from NCEES.  I passed!  WhooHoo!  Took the vertical in 2018 and the lateral this year. Good luck to the rest of you!

2019-06-14_1027.png

Congrats on passing the exam. Please, could you share any info about your prep for the exam like the reference materials you used, self study, etc. Thank you

2 minutes ago, cal91 said:

I think we're gotten 1 Pass and 6 fails so far? I'm about to fudgy my pants.

I have not received notification from NCEES but did from the automatic board. I only took vertical Buildings this round.

3 minutes ago, SE_Hopeful said:

So did I add that up right, you got 23/40 and A/A/A/IR and still didnt pass? WTF.

Most of us did similar to this.

Shiek got 23/40 4A

yours truly 22/40 3A1IR

it really sucks!

Edited by Hindianapolis

4 minutes ago, FutureSE said:

I'm ordering a manual verification of the morning. I had several errant scratches from bouncing around problems.

I did it last time I took the exam and it was a waste of $75 but I know the feeling of needing closure.  Honestly, all it did was make me more bitter with how the manual verification was handled.  I asked questions beforehand but couldn't get any answers at all so finally paid the $75 and a couple weeks later got an email saying nothing changed.

1 minute ago, Hindianapolis said:

Most of us did similar to this.

Shiek got 23/40 4A

yours truly 22/40 3A1IR

it really sucks!

Those scores are better than the previously estimated cut lines posted here

2 minutes ago, Civil Dawg said:

Bridges?  I quoted you on that statement earlier in this thread lol

haha... I saw that but dare not to say a thing. I guess I just tried to deny my incompetence~ ;D

Just now, Vancouver CA SE said:

I passed Both Vertical and Lateral on my first TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ncees.JPG.e2e0c78bce6325ecf98ec27b69a753dd.JPG

YES! Way to go! Hoping I can join you shortly in NV

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vancouver CA SE said:

I passed Both Vertical and Lateral on my first TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ncees.JPG.e2e0c78bce6325ecf98ec27b69a753dd.JPG

I wrote the exam in Washington State BTW.

I took the Lateral - Bridges in Milwaukee, and results were posted a few hours ago.  Failed Again!  23/40 in AM and all 3 Acceptables in PM.  Damn building concrete killed me 0/5.  I was above average in 6 of the 10 categories somehow.

Can someone provide any advice as to how a bridge engineer is supposed to pass the AM when its like 80% buildings?  You would think for over $500 a pop and 6 months between and over 2 months of wait time for results that NCEES would develop 2 separate exams; 1 focusing on building (like it is currently) and 1 focusing on bridges.  Or they could keep the current format grade on different scales for bridge and building candidates.....it seems to me that bridges pass rates are ALWAYS much lower than buildings.  Shouldn't that be a flag?  Especially when a "high" pass rate is in low 30%. 

Also, why they hell does the afternoon not average with morning...its almost like 2 separate exams...its bull shit.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, jmm7200 said:

I took the Lateral - Bridges in Milwaukee, and results were posted a few hours ago.  Failed Again!  23/40 in AM and all 3 Acceptables in PM.  Damn building concrete killed me 0/5.  I was above average in 6 of the 10 categories somehow.

Can someone provide any advice as to how a bridge engineer is supposed to pass the AM when its like 80% buildings?  You would think for over $500 a pop and 6 months between and over 2 months of wait time for results that NCEES would develop 2 separate exams; 1 focusing on building (like it is currently) and 1 focusing on bridges.  Or they could keep the current format grade on different scales for bridge and building candidates.....it seems to me that bridges pass rates are ALWAYS much lower than buildings.  Shouldn't that be a flag?  Especially when a "high" pass rate is in low 30%. 

Also, why they hell does the afternoon not average with morning...its almost like 2 separate exams...its bull shit.

I hope when you get time, please teach me how to prepare the afternoon problems. Not only I have difficulties in the morning, but also afternoon. I am bridge too.

I passed the Vertical.  Lateral AM results 20/40 are PM Results are:

Wood and/or Masonry Structure - Acceptable

Concrete Structure - Acceptable

General Analysis - Acceptable

Steel Structure - Unacceptable

test.PNG

20 minutes ago, cal91 said:

YES! Way to go! Hoping I can join you shortly in NV

Hey guys, It is finally over, The LORD is truelly on my side. I have passed this exam and it is finished. 

God bless you all. Please message me if you need any help... 

• Like 4

I called LAPELS and they stated that they have received the results.

7 minutes ago, cal91 said:

Oh man what a wave of releif

Capture.JPG

Big congrats man! I passed Vertical this time.🤩 We won't be seeing each other in Oct. But I am happy for you!

• Like 1