April 2019 SE Results Thread - Page 22 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Civil Dawg

April 2019 SE Results Thread

Can someone react at my post please? I got 0 reaction point. T.T

If you do it, your pass chance is increased because you are being a good man/woman!

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • fudgey 3

Is there any chance the delay to send out the results is because of NCEES is re-marking the exams? Have they ever done that before?

20 minutes ago, Stewie said:

If you do it, your pass chance is increased because you are being a good man/woman!

Fudgied

21 minutes ago, Stewie said:

I see you like fishing. Catch anything good lately? I do like a good bass.

• Like 1

im imagine just a huge stack of them sitting on the desk of whoever job it is to input them all. maybe they spilled a big cup of coffee on them and now they're drying them out

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

If the results come out 6/13 I'll do it 👿

6 hours ago, Vancouver CA SE said:

Is there any chance the delay to send out the results is because of NCEES is re-marking the exams? Have they ever done that before?

My best guess is they are just doing their psychoanalysis (or whatever they call it). We’ll see the results next Monday at the latest but the possibility exists they will be out tomorrow. My money is on Friday around lunchtime though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QuinnTheEskimo said:

I had my own dream last night of getting passing results! I take it as a good omen for today 😺

I can tell how much torture this exam has bring to everyone.

Release the results already!!! I need to begin study for Oct exams!!! Though I know I failed at least one of them, I am just not feeling study and work now without seeing the red "FAIL".

Just now, Stewie said:

Release the results already!!! I need to begin study for Oct exams!!! Though I know I failed at least one of them, I am just not feeling study and work now without seeing the red "FAIL".

Likely tomorrow. Never seen a release on a Thursday, though there is a first time for everything.

Hopefully the results come in by Friday. At this day and age, I am surprised that NCEES does not have a set target date for exam release. You plan for it and make it happen - publish a date. 8 to 10 weeks ..really?  I probably checked my email / logged in to MyNCEES at least 30 times the last two weeks. I hope I am not alone in this.

On a side note, I have a love/hate relationship with this group forum. Love to hear from similar minded folks. Hate the number of times I find myself logging in to check what others have to say. But, all this comes to an end - On Friday?

12 minutes ago, Maya_206 said:

Hopefully the results come in by Friday. At this day and age, I am surprised that NCEES does not have a set target date for exam release. You plan for it and make it happen - publish a date. 8 to 10 weeks ..really?  I probably checked my email / logged in to MyNCEES at least 30 times the last two weeks. I hope I am not alone in this.

On a side note, I have a love/hate relationship with this group forum. Love to hear from similar minded folks. Hate the number of times I find myself logging in to check what others have to say. But, all this comes to an end - On Friday?

Maybe for some of us. I hope I am not caught up in the turmoil of this awful exam ever again. Very sad it is to know that you have take another swing at this sucker.

24 minutes ago, Stewie said:

I have the same feeling. And that is probably why I did not scroll down enough to check the Lateral exam results in my dream...😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daily message: Guys, Guys, Guys, stay positive and encourage one another. Results will be out sooner than you think. I think it could be Friday as it has not been released on Thursday before, but again, they could finish inputting the results in and release late today. 

Remember God loves you. Stay positive.. 

Yaz 

Folks - If you are re-taker for the April 2019, what are your thoughts on this?

In general, the release of the exam result is too late. If the April 2019 exam results come out by mid to end of June, the re-takers are left with 3.5 to 4 months to prepare for the exam. Factor these with kids, vacations, conferences, buy new codes, tab again etc, and the window for study is too small for most folks. Of course there is an option to give up on the rest of your life and study for this exam. But, why does not have to be this way and for the older folks this is not an option (work/study/life balance). I hope NCEES does something to address this. I believe this is the primary reason why most retakers do not make it through. I am willing to bet that most retakers are older folks who have other responsibilities in life/work and cannot give up the other half of their life to retake the exam compared to younger folks. 

Just some thoughts that I am venting out and hopefully some of you can relate to this .... I struggled to find time to study for the last one due to project and family committment. Of course, one could start preparing early at a slow pace but who does that when there is hope. Fingers crossed -  I managed to complete all the afternoon problem on the last exam which gives me hope.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maya_206 said:

In general, the release of the exam result is too late. If the April 2019 exam results come out by mid to end of June, the re-takers are left with 3.5 to 4 months to prepare for the exam. Factor these with kids, vacations, conferences, buy new codes, tab again etc, and the window for study is too small for most folks. Of course there is an option to give up on the rest of your life and study for this exam. But, why does not have to be this way and for the older folks this is not an option (work/study/life balance). I hope NCEES does something to address this. I believe this is the primary reason why most retakers do not make it through. I am willing to bet that most retakers are older folks who have other responsibilities in life/work and cannot give up the other half of their life to retake the exam compared to younger folks. 

Just some thoughts that I am venting out and hopefully some of you can relate to this .... I struggled to find time to study for the last one due to project and family committment. Of course, one could start preparing early at a slow pace but who does that when there is hope. Fingers crossed -  I managed to complete all the afternoon problem on the last exam which gives me hope.

If I don't pass, I don't think I'd retake until April 2020 so it's a non-issue for me

17 minutes ago, Maya_206 said:

I pray for you Maya-206

8 minutes ago, cal91 said:

If I don't pass, I don't think I'd retake until April 2020 so it's a non-issue for me

My approach is 'strike while it is hot'. Good for you.

My whole point is - A lot of folks would pass if the preparation time was say 5 months for the re-takers instead of 3.5 months. I am already counting the weekends that I have available here till Oct.

Edited by Maya_206