April 2019 SE Results Thread - Page 12 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Civil Dawg

April 2019 SE Results Thread

Recommended Posts

I know it is borderline torture waiting for the SE results, but there isn't anything the person at the other end of the NCEES chat can do about it.  The SE exam just takes longer to grade because of the essay portion, and they probably don't even start grading the multiple choice portions until the PE exams are done.  But, you can pretty much take it to the bank that you will receive your results between June 10-14th. 

Until then, if you have another component to take next time or are pretty sure you didn't pass, I wouldn't waste the time waiting for the results and go ahead and get the study ball rolling for October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

I do a good job with distracting myself from the wait - but then coworkers, friends, and family will ask "Hey how'd your test go?" because they are surprised to see me not studying and then are equally surprised that the results are not back! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, David Connor, SE said:

 But, you can pretty much take it to the bank that you will receive your results between June 10-14th. 

I would've guessed June 14th as the earliest... Has NCEES ever released results just two days after the grading workshop closes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cal91 said:

I would've guessed June 14th as the earliest... Has NCEES ever released results just two days after the grading workshop closes?

Ah, I thought the workshop was the week before.  But hopefully they can get the results out to you guys by the 14th.  That's where I would set the over/under date.   

Edited by David Connor, SE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cal91 said:

I would've guessed June 14th as the earliest... Has NCEES ever released results just two days after the grading workshop closes?

I believe they did last December for the October exam. Though again, sometimes I dream stuff up and sometimes I'm just legitimately crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Connor, SE said:

Ah, I thought the workshop was the week before.  But hopefully they can get the results out to you guys by the 14th.  That's where I would set the over/under date.   

I'm with Mr. David "The Bridge Master" Conner. I believe It'll be out around that Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FutureSE said:

I'm with Mr. David "The Bridge Master" Conner. I believe It'll be out around that Friday.

Ha, the dirty secret is, I haven't actually done a "real-life" bridge since the early 2000s.  But I can read the AASHTO code and come up with multiple choice bridge questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Civil Dawg said:

In case you thought he was kidding...he isn’t. Our proctor for the Lateral Exam on Saturday was talking about how she had to stay late the day before for the armored truck to come pick up the tests. We kind of smirked and she said no really, they come pick them up in armored trucks!

I'm envisioning an "Ocean's 11" style heist where I assemble a crack team of operators who've passed the PE to get the armored trucks and replace them with duplicates. It would take nearly as much practice and preparation as studying for the SE exam, but it would be worth it. I think I'll change my screen name here to Danny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, David Connor, SE said:

Ha, the dirty secret is, I haven't actually done a "real-life" bridge since the early 2000s.  But I can read the AASHTO code and come up with multiple choice bridge questions. 

Interesting. Also, my concern has always been escalation. As in...for every book that's written, NCEES becomes aware and then modifies the test to maintain a similar pass rate DESPITE new materials available. It's why the PPI practice test can only be a slightly harder version of the NCEES test. It's why the NCEES practice test has remained essentially unchanged for the past decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nathan55 said:

Interesting. Also, my concern has always been escalation. As in...for every book that's written, NCEES becomes aware and then modifies the test to maintain a similar pass rate DESPITE new materials available. It's why the PPI practice test can only be a slightly harder version of the NCEES test. It's why the NCEES practice test has remained essentially unchanged for the past decade. 

I received an invite to write Civil/Structural PE practice questions for School of PE this time. Any suggestions for items you would've wanted to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FutureSE said:

I received an invite to write Civil/Structural PE practice questions for School of PE this time. Any suggestions for items you would've wanted to see?

A question on calculating when NCEES will issue exam results. I'd like to see your solved problem and supporting work!

 

Example question: When will NCEES release the exam results?

a) 6-7 weeks

b)7-10 weeks

c) 10-11 weeks

d) 11 + weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely less than a month to go. Can't get here soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.06849 years by my calculations

Edited by cal91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cal91 said:

0.06849 years by my calculations

That's like 0.00091 lifetimes for the average American Male or 1.522 X 10 ^-11 th of the time the Earth has been around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.00091 LIFETIMES TO GO EVERYBODY!

 

Unless you're not american. Or male. Then idk what to tell you...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cal91 said:

0.00091 LIFETIMES TO GO EVERYBODY!

 

Unless you're not american. Or male. Then idk what to tell you...

Murica, pew pew! That's all that needs to be said. Females live longer on average because they are a bit smarter than us. Then other country's population lifespans vary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are being boring again. Stop it. Tell me something interesting. Lets make up stories about aliens and bigfoot conspiring with the NCEES. Apparently, all (3) of them are good at remaining out of sight for extended periods of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I briefly thought the (3) you were referring to were all bigfoot and I was like wait where did that come from.

so, that's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tj_PE said:

I briefly thought the (3) you were referring to were all bigfoot and I was like wait where did that come from.

so, that's that.

@tj_PE, If I had been referring to them, would they have been bigfeet? I'm curious to the plurality there as I've never thought of the Sasquatch as more than a solitary blood thirsty undead demonic vampire ape with a hatred of mankind and a lust for world destruction by any means necessary (To include holding SE results until the very L A S T moment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be bigfoots, since they already have more than one foot per bigfoot ? IDK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the school of pe course and they sent me an email today saying the results were out in several states.  Did anyone here that results have started to come out or is the school of pe trolling me?  I assume they are thinking the pe exam results since they came out last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are being boring again. I need you to stop doing that (being boring). Make some noise. Talk about how bad you hated GoT or something. I can't take the silence. By the way, am I the only one who somewhat enjoyed GoT season 8. I'm not saying it was great, and it was definitely rushed, but at least the show closed most everyone's character arcs. I've seen plenty that didn't.

SPOILER WARNING!

 

 

 

The Hound and The Mountain descending into fire probably being my favorite. Of the closure's that disappointed me, Jorund was lost in the foray and I felt he deserved more. The Night King of course went down way too easy (in 1 episode, c'mon he was the MAIN baddie). I also expected more of Jon Snow and I was looking forward for a glorious death for Cersei (I was left severely wanting there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...