April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 72 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

So at the end of day 2, the following states are still waiting:

• Rhode Island
  • New Jersey (partial maybe?)
  • Georgia
  • Minnesota 
  • Mississippi
  • South Dakota (partial)
  • Hawaii
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Oh my GOSH!!!! I got a score of 97!!! Does that mean I have 77/80 correct?? I have several guessing in AM.. Lucky me!

image.thumb.png.ce3325d27375433506ba34d9d9aa0461.png

Wow good job! That seems fun to know your score. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Wow good job! That seems fun to know your score. 

Agreed.  But, for me, I’m good not knowing.  I don’t think I would want to know if I passed by a single point lol

• Like 1

You get the same two letters after your name is you get the cut sore or a perfect score.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tb93310 said:

Failed
Florida
48/80
Transportation

I am in disbelief

Oh no. I feel like I will join you. PM is tricky.

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

Oh my GOSH!!!! I got a score of 97!!! Does that mean I have 77/80 correct?? I have several guessing in AM.. Lucky me!

image.thumb.png.ce3325d27375433506ba34d9d9aa0461.png

Nope, does not mean that :)

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Nope, does not mean that :)

So how was the score calculated? does the 97 mean only 3% of people got higher score than him then? 

From what I have seen it's not a linear relationship between the Texas scores and the fail scores. How they come up with the Texas score is anyone's guess.

A couple of my coworkers and I just found out we passed the pe exam. We all took it early and must finish the experience requirement to receive our license. Upon hearing the news that we passed, our boss told us that if we left for better jobs he wouldn't sign to verify our work history and we would have to start our experience over. Is there a way around this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Oakleycm said:

A couple of my coworkers and I just found out we passed the pe exam. We all took it early and must finish the experience requirement to receive our license. Upon hearing the news that we passed, our boss told us that if we left for better jobs he wouldn't sign to verify our work history and we would have to start our experience over. Is there a way around this?

Sounds like you need a new boss yesterday.

Depends on the state boards, other PEs can sign for your experience, it doesn't have to be your direct supervisor or bust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sounds like you need a new boss yesterday.

Depends on the state boards, other PEs can sign for your experience, it doesn't have to be your direct supervisor or bust.

@OaklandPE ^this

Some states allow you to show your work and calculations in lieu of supervisor signoff. 

How close are you to meeting the experience requirement?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oakleycm said:

Jerk move though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oakleycm said:

I still have just under 3 years but my coworkers have 1.5 and 2 years

So you could tough it out another year. But then he might take it out on the other two... What state?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oakleycm said:

Did you have to submit any of your current experience to your state board to sit for the exam?

2 hours ago, Oakleycm said:

Did he say that in person or in writing?  Either way, document it and save it away that he said that to you.

3 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

@OaklandPE ^this

Some states allow you to show your work and calculations in lieu of supervisor signoff. 

How close are you to meeting the experience requirement?

Agreed.  

That is a highly unprofessional position to take in my view.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oakleycm said:

It was in person. We didn't have to submit any experience. And its Alabama

Some good news! You don't need your boss to verify.

The very fist line of the experience record states

Experience Verification forms must be sent to your PE supervisors and/or associates (must have been licensed prior to the time being verified) for all engineering engagements listed on your application under question 19 that can be verified. You must collect the form in a sealed, signed across the back flap envelope and submit with your application.

However, do you need another PE you work with to verify. If you can't find a PE to verify, then the endorser would need to fill out another form, see instructions on page 2.

source: http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdf/exams/PE/PE Verification Form.pdf

• Like 2

Damn. Now that the results are out, Im going to miss the craziness that we endured in this topic the last week or so.

• Like 1

You'll have to come back for the craziness of the next session!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oakleycm said:

It was in person. We didn't have to submit any experience. And its Alabama

9 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Some good news! You don't need your boss to verify.

The very fist line of the experience record states

However, do you need another PE you work with to verify. If you can't find a PE to verify, then the endorser would need to fill out another form, see instructions on page 2.

source: http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdf/exams/PE/PE Verification Form.pdf

RBHeadge is correct.  In Alabama, your supervisor doesn't have to be the one to verify.  I am also in AL and I'll be having a coworker verify my experience as our boss isn't a PE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manimani said:

Damn. Now that the results are out, Im going to miss the craziness that we endured in this topic the last week or so.

Stick around for MN, we're still feeling crazy... and I give you my word, I will be bombastically dramatic when results come out, pass or fail, just for you buddy :)

• Like 3