April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 65 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, enrique_nola said:

I see, so they don't give you a raw score?

No.  NCEES gives you a raw score if you fail, TX gives you a curved score if you pass or fail.  If you have enough fail data points and make some assumptions about the shape of the curve, you can extrapolate upwards and try to guess your score.  I don’t recommend this exercise, but if you do it for power, let me know the results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enginerd406 said:

Yeah NCEES still says pending. Nothing in spam filters. The state might have only released passing results? 

I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

 

But I haven't heard of any situation like he's described before either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any experience if the state boards send out an email to the people who pass first and then to those who fail?

Do they send them out by discipline or all at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

 

But I haven't heard of any situation like he's described before either.

Those who have received passing emails from the state said it was not on the NCEES website yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tres Amigos said:

Has anyone had any experience if the state boards send out an email to the people who pass first and then to those who fail?

Do they send them out by discipline or all at once?

I have a bad feeling that is what Montana is doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enginerd406 said:

Those who have received passing emails from the state said it was not on the NCEES website yet. 

So Montana has only released via state emails, not NCEES? So i'm going to have to asterisk them this round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

 

But I haven't heard of any situation like he's described before either.

I really hope not, still in the dark here in Arkansas but seems like my coworker was the only one to get an email from the state board yesterday. I looked up the staff directory from our state board and the person who sent it is the assistant director so it's pretty legit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

So Montana has only released via state emails, not NCEES? So i'm going to have to asterisk them this round?

That’s the case with the folks I have spoke to. All passed. 

Edited by Enginerd406

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh, can someone please search this thread, and the map thread and link the initial montana post. I don't have time for that this morning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

 

But I haven't heard of any situation like he's described before either.

For myself and the other I know that passed, NCEES still shows results pending but we've both received our licenses and are updated on the board website as professional engineers with active status.  I received my email almost an hour after the friend who passed, but it's really weird that NCEES still hasn't released results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

ugh, can someone please search this thread, and the map thread and link the initial montana post. I don't have time for that this morning.

Thank you for all that you've done previously and for us this round, RB!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MTEngineer said:

For myself and the other I know that passed, NCEES still shows results pending but we've both received our licenses and are updated on the board website as professional engineers with active status.  I received my email almost an hour after the friend who passed, but it's really weird that NCEES still hasn't released results.

An hour later, maybe they are sending the emails out individually by name? is his last name before yours alphabetically? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tres Amigos said:

An hour later, maybe they are sending the emails out individually by name? is his last name before yours alphabetically? 

Yeah that was the only way I could make sense of it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Enginerd406 said:

That’s the case with the folks I have spoke to. 

 

1 minute ago, MTEngineer said:

For myself and the other I know that passed, NCEES still shows results pending but we've both received our licenses and are updated on the board website as professional engineers with active status.  I received my email almost an hour after the friend who passed, but it's really weird that NCEES still hasn't released results.

Balls. OKay, so Montana is taking care of business before they authorize a NCEES release. That's old school, but whatever that's their business.

So in effect, they are issuing licenses first. They then will authorize NCEES to release.

So if you got an email, great you passed. If you didn't, you are in purgatory trending negative. If you get the NCEES email before the Montana email, then... we'll you can figure it out for yourself.

4 minutes ago, Tres Amigos said:

An hour later, maybe they are sending the emails out individually by name? is his last name before yours alphabetically? 

 

2 minutes ago, MTEngineer said:

Yeah that was the only way I could make sense of it...

The way that State's send out individual notifications or issue license numbers is such a crap shoot. We've been looking at this for years and cant discern a pattern. Maybe its alphabetical, maybe its by test, maybe its totally random. You can come up with whatever theory you want, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

@RBHeadge PE apparently no one’s seen NCEES result yet.

Thanks, I've reached my rec limit, so I owe you a bunch. I'll go back in the spam thread later and rec some puns later ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTEngineer said:

Yeah that was the only way I could make sense of it...

my coworker got an email yesterday at 430pm cst , his last name starts with "F" , so if the state board closes at 5pm and opens at 8am, it's been almost 1.5hrs to reach the "N's" lol 

somehow im not feeling hopeful anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to do a quick map update. Then I have to go to a meeting. I won't be in an easy position to make updates or posts during that time

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...