April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 41 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

27 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

image.png.1db6238ca1194263b30b396b3d3b4130.pngI think it will be out today

I like how people think a customer service rep has insider knowledge on when the results will be released..... It's a big company, it's not like she's the one grading them or that she sits next to the person that is. 

25 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

They put us under all this pressure for no reason.

What are you talking about. They have a process, the process takes time, when they process is complete they release the results. All that pressure you feel comes from yourself. 

• Haha 1

Well my therapist just talked me down from the ledge lol I feel a bit better now.

1 minute ago, ashmur90 said:

Well my therapist just talked me down from the ledge lol I feel a bit better now.

So you're saying a spot on the ledge has just opened up?

DIBS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, PhilDelph said:

What are you talking about. They have a process, the process takes time, when they process is complete they release the results. All that pressure you feel comes from yourself. 

So much this.

I wanna know the results but I totally didn't feel this much anxiety over waiting before I knew about the boards and the historical data. And now I've worked myself into a bit of a tizzy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EI_EI_OH said:

So you're saying a spot on the ledge has just opened up?

DIBS!

You can have it. I'll drown my sorrows in ice cream if the result is not how I like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ashmur90 said:

You can have it. I'll drown my sorrows in ice cream if the result is not how I like it.

I'm going for the heavy stuff. Gelato. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LyceeFruit said:

I'm going for the heavy stuff. Gelato. 

I've got some cookie cake blue bell ice cream with my name on it.

NCBELS Calendar. Sorry folks its not going to be this week. They have all have a meeting in DC. Results will be posted after.

ncbels calendar.JPG

• fudgey 1

5 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

So much this.

I wanna know the results but I totally didn't feel this much anxiety over waiting before I knew about the boards and the historical data. And now I've worked myself into a bit of a tizzy

I was completely fine and only having a minor once a week freakout until my dad texted me asking how I did last week. Then I discovered this forum and, well, it's become a staple in my morning login routine for a week now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iceman PE said:

NCBELS Calendar. Sorry folks its not going to be this week. They have all have a meeting in DC. Results will be posted after.

ncbels calendar.JPG

Well I guess thats that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wreckem said:

I had a dream that my result was a green "failed" 🤔

I had a similar one on Saturday.  Check back a page or two lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iceman PE said:

ncbels calendar.JPG

NOPE...not going to accept that. This just means they'll release before the 16th. I think we'll get the results by tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

Just now, enrique_nola said:

Well I guess thats that.

Not necessarily 

• fudgey 1

Just now, daydreambeliever said:

NOPE...not going to accept that. This just means they'll release before the 16th. I think we'll get the results by tomorrow. 

better believe it

Just now, Matt Skillet said:

Believe what?

NO RESULTS THIS WEEK

5 minutes ago, DuckC37 said:

I was completely fine and only having a minor once a week freakout until my dad texted me asking how I did last week. Then I discovered this forum and, well, it's become a staple in my morning login routine for a week now.

haha make sure you know what project number your charging this time to. You can find it a few pages back. 

Just now, Matt Skillet said:

I hope this is a cruel joke you are playing.

If you guys want results, talk to @Baconator

SO, since its safe to say that the results aren't coming out this week, what are y'all gonna do with all your free time now that you don't have to worry about it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 

Thank you. I ended up taking that post down because I finally realized it didn't pertain to test takers, it was future test takers. But I am happy to see you reinforced what I was thinking.  Hoping for some results soon. The wait is awful!

And I agree. The P in PE is professional. Act like one and leave NCEES alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, iceman PE said:

ncbels calendar.JPG

i REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WE WON'T GET IT THIS WEEK.

• Like 1

Don't worry, RBHeadge will swat down this calendar logic soon enough

• Like 1