April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 40 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

1 hour ago, Asaraga said:

Yes, but they dont work over the weekend, and i guess they realease them when they are ready, and not “hold” them just for drama; its NCEES, not TNT.

Again, what you’re saying could be applied any day of the week... they don’t work overnight either, but they’ve released results before 10 am before. 

• Like 1

So the question is: why do they not post it sooner. Are they going to work on it this week? Haven't they finished every thing few days/weeks ago? Are they really doing anything this week or just pressuring people?

1 hour ago, CivilPE4ME said:

I have a question for those knowledgeable about the board meetings. I took the test in South Dakota. I see they have a board meeting on Friday. I see that Item K says they will approve examinees. I look at the agenda packet and there are 4 names listed. Judging by the amount of people that took the test, there has to be more than 4 people that passed in the spring group. So I am guessing that they wouldn't put the spring test taker names in the agenda packet?  Does anyone know?

1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

58 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

So the question is: why do they not post it sooner. Are they going to work on it this week? Haven't they finished every thing few days/weeks ago? Are they really doing anything this week or just pressuring people?

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 

8 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 

re 3: VT does it too, for people seeking approval to sit for FE/PE and people looking for reciprocity. 

• Thanks 1

Let's see if today is the day!

• Like 2

Just now, ashmur90 said:

Let's see if today is the day!

They said no last week but who knows lets wait for them to open the chat

8 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

The 4 people may be for comity?

22 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

They said no last week but who knows lets wait for them to open the chat

For the love of all things sacred...let’s not hound their chat.  They’re going to say the same thing, until the results are actually released.

We’re supposedly professionals.  Making immature jokes behind closed doors (or in a forum) is perfectly acceptable, but continually hounding the testing agency that has no control over when state boards approve results is college level stuff.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just now, PE_PE said:

image.png.1db6238ca1194263b30b396b3d3b4130.pngI think it will be out today

Thanks for bombarding the chat before Keshia even got a sip of her morning coffee.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

They put us under all this pressure for no reason.

What pressure are they putting us under?  None.  They are just doing their job under the time limits prescribed.  We can joke all we want about guessing the timeline and release dates, but NCEES hasn't been putting us to the rack or even delayed a thing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EngrPaper said:

What pressure are they putting us under?  None.  They are just doing their job under the time limits prescribed.  We can joke all we want about guessing the timeline and release dates, but NCEES hasn't been putting us to the rack or even delayed a thing. 

This. Plus if you didn't know about this forum, you wouldn't have the historical data showing the early release so you'd be stuck with the 8-10 week timeframe. Which is exactly how I've sat thru half of my attempts of this exam. 

• Thanks 1

My point is give us when the results will be released without time frames. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

wut

I've read that 3 times and it doesn't make sense...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

They put us under all this pressure for no reason.

It’s the terror of knowing results are posting at last, watching some good friends scream, “let me pass!”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

They have to wait in the states to give the ok to release the results. I am not sure how many of you work with governments, but they like to take their sweet time!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

image.png.1db6238ca1194263b30b396b3d3b4130.pngI think it will be out today

Chilllll out... what response were you honestly expecting? 

“Oh hey, yeah I know our policy is to say the whole 8-10 weeks thing... but the way you asked, oh man... imma tell you the truth”

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PE_PE said:

This makes zero sense....