April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 35 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I'm running out of the vague response magic 8 ball images. I'm either going to have to recycle or go with some more creative alternatives.

As much as I want the results to be posted today (albeit good results to celebrate the weekend), I have feeling their not coming today.

Regardless, instead of beating ourselves up in anticipation, we can all agree on one thing (even RB), we will have our results sometime between now and next Friday, as statistics show in last 5 years, no results have come over day 42 for majority of states.

 

So buckle up and we'll have them before 17th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean what is the point of 8-10 weeks??? How many past exams release results between 8-10 weeks??? Most of them release results within 6-7 weeks right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fishbone said:

I mean what is the point of 8-10 weeks??? How many past exams release results between 8-10 weeks??? Most of them release results within 6-7 weeks right??

see my response a few pages ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fishbone said:

I mean what is the point of 8-10 weeks??? How many past exams release results between 8-10 weeks??? Most of them release results within 6-7 weeks right??

They have said "within" 8-10 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my take:

If we receive an email today stating that our results are available, then we will likely have the results today.

If no such email is received today, then it is extremely unlikely we'll have said results today.

I'm not 100% sure of my logic but it seems pretty stout.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a no. because folks at NCEES are very considerate and do not want to ruin the weekend for the fallen. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Manimani said:

As much as I want the results to be posted today (albeit good results to celebrate the weekend), I have feeling their not coming today.

Regardless, instead of beating ourselves up in anticipation, we can all agree on one thing (even RB), we will have our results sometime between now and next Friday, as statistics show in last 5 years, no results have come over day 42 for majority of states.

 

So buckle up and we'll have them before 17th.

Why are you so sure that @RBHeadge PE will agree with that statement? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, because it will be next Friday because next Friday is day 42 and 42 is obviously the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My original guess was May 16 because 41 days seems to be the magic number in my mind. But really I will take any date between now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LyceeFruit said:

Why are you so sure that @RBHeadge PE will agree with that statement? 

Let me check my magic eight ball:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGaQLxrPLzk0YX72tfTgq

 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least I am off work the rest of the day 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Let me check my magic eight ball:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGaQLxrPLzk0YX72tfTgq

 

 

now I know what that test was for. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Why are you so sure that @RBHeadge PE will agree with that statement? 

because he seems like a logical guy. And i doubt he will question the statistical data we have on the amount of days surpassed from the day of exam to get the exam results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its about noon right now here in the EST.  Leftover fried fish for lunch is still good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Manimani said:

because he seems like a logical guy. And i doubt he will question the statistical data we have on the amount of days surpassed from the day of exam to get the exam results

If I go based only on the past numbers and the stats then yeah: I would expect in the next week. I mentioned on Wednesday that I'm a probabilistic guy, so the fat part of the probability curve is next week, where 'expect' is defined as >50% during a given time frame. HOWEVER none of this would preclude a 1.5+ sigma event from delaying things further. There are too many unknown unknowns for me to feel confident in saying: "it'll definitely happen on [arbitrary day next week]".

Us monte carlo guys are really good at predicting things when n is large and the system can be treated probabalistically. But predictions of one-off deterministic events require parsed language and caveats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, Tres Amigos said:

Results will be released Wednesday May 15th

You heard it here first folks!

I said it before and now saying it again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt Skillet said:

What time zone last year?

I looked at the October 2018 results map to see when it was posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked to Kim, she said- for every request they get they add a minute to the release . Currently sitting at a September 3rd at 4:27PM

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaserB said:

I talked to Kim, she said- for every request they get they add a minute to the release . Currently sitting at a September 3rd at 4:27PM

Is that eastern time?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...