April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 34 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Real roll call:  Will test results come out before or after George RR Martin makes a public statement about the release date of Winds of Winter?

How can NCEES be so good at withholding the release date?  Its like the results are being handled by Robert Mueller

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Y'all need to give the NCEES people a break.  There's no point in asking them.

• Like 3

When you do get your results. If one does not already exist, please remember to create a new thread for your state in the APR 2019 results subforum. It makes things a lot easier for everyone else to parse through, both now and in the future.

2 minutes ago, QED said:

How can NCEES be so good at withholding the release date? 

It's really quite easy...

You've never worked with controlled material before?

7 minutes ago, Civilusa29 said:

Hello, I just had a chat with Kim and this is the response. Guess it's not today.

ncees.JPG

I think it will not be today.

8 minutes ago, Civilusa29 said:

Hello, I just had a chat with Kim and this is the response. Guess it's not today.

ncees.JPG

Has anyone ever met this Kim person? Why should we trust her?

• Haha 1

Every time someone asks they add a day to the wait time. So at this point we won't get our results until Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The standard response is "8 to 10 weeks after the exam", but this time they said "no". 

I believe her as they wouldn't provide false information. 

14 minutes ago, Civilusa29 said:

ncees.JPG

Why would you think this is relevant?

3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

It's really quite easy...

You've never worked with controlled material before?

I do.  But to have no slip ups, ever? 

clapping applaud GIF

NCEES customer service flowchart

If 8 weeks <= today <= 10 weeks then

answer=yes

else answer=no

end if

We've seen this before. There is nothing abnormal about the responses provided so far

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

NCEES customer service flowchart

If 8 weeks <= today <= 10 weeks then

answer=yes

else answer=no

end if

We've seen this before. There is nothing abnormal about the responses provided so far

So you think we can expect the results today?

I'm not saying one way or the other. The unofficial window may be "open" but I wouldn't hold my breath.

To hold myself back from checking every second... I am going to start checking email every hour on the hour during the weekdays...

well sure, if you want to write it the easy way

honestly even the result is out today, NCEES may also reply within 8-10 weeks..

1 minute ago, fishbone said:

honestly even the result is out today, NCEES may also reply within 8-10 weeks..

they actually do! for a few hours after the initial release

20 hours ago, aspiringWRE_PE said:

Would you rather find out that the exam had posted through your email, this thread, or refreshing the NCEES page and accidentally having it load while you were looking at it?

Since the uncertainty and tension about the results release date keeps increasing, I decided to go back and answer this question.

Whatever I received, either email, mail, this thread, or NCEES website, I hope it is real. This is my story:

I was in my honeymoon when I received the official email from the State Board telling me I had passed the exam. I went crazy and even worked overnight resolving their Ethics test to get everything lined up and have my license when we had returned. I received a passing on the Ethics exam and a note saying that I would receive my license number shortly.

Guess....

I returned but never received that follow up email or mail with my license number. I decided to go into my NCEES to check with them, and to my horrible surprise, my results said Fail!. I was very confused and asked through the chat session what the discrepancy meant, and the NCEES assistant said I had to follow up with the State Board.

I tried to contact the ladies that had sent me the emails before but I received absolutely no response. Even worst, when I received one, the response tried to make it seem like the previous emails had never happened. 

So...I decided to reach out to someone else in the board. At the end, the director ended up sending an - I am sorry, our bad- you did not pass, it was our mistake to send you an email saying you had...

I truly hope this doesn't happen to anyone! It was very interesting to experience how mistakes are OK at the other end...

I really look forward to receiving positive and real news this time around though :)

P.S. I also hope I don't have to hold a license at that State for work/professional reasons, I am still hurt and I refuse! xD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • fudgey 2

14 minutes ago, EI_EI_OH said:

Has anyone ever met this Kim person? Why should we trust her?

I wouldn't trust *that* Kim. If you change all the letters in "Kim" to their corresponding numbers you get 11, 9,  and 13, which add up to 33. If you google the significance of the number 33, you get a connection to pretty much every single conspiracy, secret society, or major religious figure.

If the government says there are no such things as aliens, you better believe there are aliens.

If this "Kim" says results will not be out today, I'd bet they will be out today.

+1 for my vote.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6