April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 24 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

1 hour ago, EngMES said:

Since we are all waiting for the April results, has anyone tried to login to MyNCEES and attempted to register for a PE Exam (Especially the year round 4 CBT disciplines), but found it unavailable now? Or all like me still have them available?

0041A997-D576-4B9D-92F3-EF4700E9563C.png

1o608t.jpg

You can't divine anything from the exam registration part of the site. Stop looking into it.

Next session, I'm specifically adding this nonsense to the description of Futile Exercise B (trying to figure out how to get results before they come out).

1 hour ago, ashmur90 said:

I don't think a woman growing a beard is possible.

tenor.gif?itemid=5332816

36 minutes ago, GordyJ said:

With regards to these 11 jurisdictions, are we only talking structural (e.g., structural plans can't be stamped by someone who didn't pass the structural exam) or does this apply to all disciplines?

Knowing these specific states would be helpful for folks seeking reciprocity down the line.

Structural is almost always a separate license.

I'm referring to the jurisdictions that license based on the major disciplines: mechanical, electrical, civil, environmental, etc

Alaska
Arizona
California
District of Columbia
Guam
Hawaii
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Nebraska
Nevada
Vermont

27 minutes ago, aspiringWRE_PE said:

Does anyone know the typical result posting times? Like earliest vs the latest the emails get sent out? At some point I have got to stop refreshing the page 🤪

First, it aint happening today.

We've noticed that the initial release can happend pretty much at any time. We've seen it happen pretty late into the evening. We've only started formally tracking it the last few sessions. Anecdotally, the last four years it appears to only happen during east coast business hours. i.e. 8:30-5:30.

So if people really want to engage in Futile Exercise D (reading the tea leaves). Here's how to do it:

0) spam the spam thread

1) Go to the NCEES results page. The one you've been F5'ing nonstop this week.

2) Take a screenshot

3) DON'T post that sht here.

4) Paste it into a word document.

5) Over the next few days, take note if anything looks different. Maybe something will start looking different mid-morning-ish

6) screenshot it, and paste it into the same word doc

7) compare the two screengrabs

#8 if something is actually different, report the difference in the spam thread

9) a vet will let you know if its a real sign of impending release or not

10) continue spamming the spam thread

• Like 1

Funny I felt I crushed it last go around and failed and this time I feel like I did not do well!!! Wait and See

Thats terrible! Feeling like you passed and end up failing. Hope I can avoid that.

10 minutes ago, tb93310 said:

They explicitly told us not to memorize the exam? I didnt read that anywhere.

no, they told us not to write on anything except the test book and answer sheet during the exam

So.... what's everyone's prediction on the cut score?

1 hour ago, aspiringWRE_PE said:

Does anyone know the typical result posting times? Like earliest vs the latest the emails get sent out? At some point I have got to stop refreshing the page 🤪

Go to page 1 of this thread. 

• Thanks 1

While I'm spamming the NCEES website for PE result, I found an interesting piece of info about FE, I thought I would like to share here:

I am a structural engineer myself and I took the Civil discipline FE when I was in college couple of years back, so I paid attention to the Civil FE passing rate.

https://ncees.org/engineering/fe/

The passing rate for Civil FE is around 67% according to the NCEES website, under the "Other discipline FE" test, the passing rate is around 79% and I immediately thought hmmmmmm I probably should have taken the "other discipline".

And then I scrolled down to see the degree breakdown of the test takers for "other discipline" and I was shocked to find that the sturctural degree test taker has a whooping 100% passing rate for that discipline.

Now I think I def should have taken the "Other Discipline".

Why is structural degree students so favored in this test?

Edited by NYCBruin

In my case, I am applying for endorsement and the letter said: we can't approve your endorsement because you  need to take the PE. They didn't say anything about experience.

6 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

So.... what's everyone's prediction on the cut score?

Construction 53, everything else 56.

Self graded myself at a 59-60 this time, past attempts self grading proved to be 5-8% optimistic...53 gives me enough cushion. God forbid I have to take it again I'll adjust my formula to the 10% on guesses- I'd been using 25% and the generic answer B has been letting me down. I refused to use C as my default guess because Joey Lawrence said it was right and I refuse to live in a world where Joey Lawrence is a wise man.

• Like 1

no way structural cut score is 56

that afternoon exam was F*ed

Structural 51

10 minutes ago, NYCBruin said:

While I'm spamming the NCEES website for PE result, I found an interesting piece of info about FE, I thought I would like to share here:

I am a structural engineer myself and I took the Civil discipline FE when I was in college couple of years back, so I paid attention to the Civil FE passing rate.

https://ncees.org/engineering/fe/

The passing rate for Civil FE is around 67% according to the NCEES website, under the "Other discipline FE" test, the passing rate is around 79% and I immediately thought hmmmmmm I probably should have taken the "other discipline".

And then I scrolled down to see the degree breakdown of the test takers for "other discipline" and I was shocked to find that the sturctural degree test taker has a whooping 100% passing rate for that discipline.

Now I think I def should have taken the "Other Discipline".

Why is structural degree students so favored in this test?

I took the Other's Discipline FE Exam. My degree is in Architectural Engineering. About 80% of our curriculum was all structural based. I could be wrong, but we were all advised to take the "Other's Discipline" as it closely aligns with the Architectural Engineering degree. So it has a little bit of everything.

With many folks doing better at morning session this time around, I predict structural cut score to be 53.

11 minutes ago, ImaPE said:

With many folks doing better at morning session this time around, I predict structural cut score to be 53.

dude dont make me sad

Alabama results will be out by midnight tonight

I feel like 56 was pretty much the generally accepted pass rate, give a point or two for bad questions. The number of people that assume 51ish seems to have increased exponentially over the last few years lol.

9 minutes ago, squibbyfish said:

Alabama results will be out by midnight tonight

If only.  I would sleep much better.

no, they told us not to write on anything except the test book and answer sheet during the exam

I never said anything about writing during the exam. Seems you misread.

7 hours ago, Manimani said:

Just asked a buddy who knows buddy who works for a buddy at ncees. Cut score 53 and release day is may 15. Head back to work yall

Ha