Questions for previous test takers at Houston, Texas please?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just FYI I'm giving the Mechanical - MDM PE exam.

Need advice please:

1. I drink a lot of water; do I need to carry an empty bottle or will there be water station to drink close by the testing room?

2. Besides books, calculator, watch & necessary ID, what all is a must? Can keep wallet with us?

3. I'm assuming there is no restriction to the number of books we can carry, if yes, how did you'll take all the books to the examination hall? What all are allowed and whats not?

4. Are the restrooms far off? I'll plan to reduce my water intake if so.

5. Exactly how much time is the lunch break before one has to report back for the afternoon session?

6. It says no pencils, so I guess they will provide pencils and workout papers? Eraser?

7. Most of material is in pen, except a few lines in them where I scratched with pencil, is this okay?

8. Is the table/desk big enough to keep more than one book on the desk besides the worksheet?

Thank you for your advice, guys. Really appreciate it!

Good luck to all test takers next week.

Need advice please:

1. I drink a lot of water; do I need to carry an empty bottle or will there be water station to drink close by the testing room?

2. Besides books, calculator, watch & necessary ID, what all is a must? Can keep wallet with us?

3. I'm assuming there is no restriction to the number of books we can carry, if yes, how did you'll take all the books to the examination hall? What all are allowed and whats not?

5. Exactly how much time is the lunch break before one has to report back for the afternoon session?

6. It says no pencils, so I guess they will provide pencils and workout papers? Eraser?

7. Most of material is in pen, except a few lines in them where I scratched with pencil, is this okay?

8. Is the table/desk big enough to keep more than one book on the desk besides the worksheet?

@Mech_april2019

1. I don't recollect if there is any water station close to the testing hall but in the exam hall I saw people with bottled water meaning that you can come in with one - Proctors allowed.

2.  Your wrist-watch must be worn on you and not allowed to be placed on the table, ID must be current - A guy sitting next to me in OCT 2018 exam was sent out for having an expired ID, Wallet is to be kept in your vehicle - only your ID and exam pass.

3. Yes, you can bring in as many book as you want - I used two big luggage and one shouldered bag ( mind you I took Civil-Structural PE exam) into the exam hall. I guess Mechanical reference materials might not be as much though.

4. Restrooms not far from testing hall. You should be fine.

5. An hour lunch break will be given.

6. Yes no writing materials is allowed. You ll be provided with pencil that has eraser and you are only allow to write in the question booklet and not in your reference materials.

7. You are only allow to use the NCEES pencil that will be provided in the exam hall.

8. Yes working table is big enough as far as I know to contain most of your relevant reference materials to be used for each exam section. In addition, you will also have space around you on the ground to keep your book carrier and you can easily pick up any reference if need be.

Wishing you and all April 2019 text takers success.

Need advice please:

When I took the exam last October it was at the NRG Center, for all answers below I am assuming it is still there.

1. I hardly drink water so I didn't bring a bottle but I believe there were water fountains near the restrooms.

2. I think all I had on me was keys, ID, Exam Pass, and books/references

3. I brought one of those accounting file boxes. Hindsight should have brought some kind of rolling suitcase like luggage, hell even a Dolley with a milk crate on it.

4. The restrooms weren't too far.

5. I think we had one hour for lunch.

6. They provide pencils and it has an eraser.

7. I've heard conflicting things on this. Maybe go through and either write over pencil with pen or highlight over to show it was there before?

8. Yes, I had enough room for two-three references, depending on the size.

Good luck on the exam!

When I took the exam last October it was at the NRG Center, for all answers below I am assuming it is still there.

1. I hardly drink water so I didn't bring a bottle but I believe there were water fountains near the restrooms.

2. I think all I had on me was keys, ID, Exam Pass, and books/references

3. I brought one of those accounting file boxes. Hindsight should have brought some kind of rolling suitcase like luggage, hell even a Dolley with a milk crate on it.

4. The restrooms weren't too far.

5. I think we had one hour for lunch.

6. They provide pencils and it has an eraser.

7. I've heard conflicting things on this. Maybe go through and either write over pencil with pen or highlight over to show it was there before?

8. Yes, I had enough room for two-three references, depending on the size.

Good luck on the exam!
Hi, I am planning to go to Houston in October. Can you still remember the location of Houston exam site? 

Thank you!

Back