It's now invaded my dreams....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
I had my first dream about this test last night...  It was take home, the kids wouldn't leave me alone, I had 1 reference that wasn't even in my discipline and I forgot everything I had studied. 

I woke up sweating.

Just thought I'd share.  Happy studying!  Only 8ish more days!

I had multiple dreams prior to my exam, mostly about showing up late.. a wise guy (my dad) once told me that I'm safe from bad dreams because they never come true -,-

I had my first dream about this test last night...  It was take home, the kids wouldn't leave me alone, I had 1 reference that wasn't even in my discipline and I forgot everything I had studied. 

I woke up sweating.

Just thought I'd share.  Happy studying!  Only 8ish more days!
Oh, the first of many!  At least, that was how it was for me.  :)   They really ramped up during the post exam wait.  I had one where I found out I passed, but then I had to take over a territory for work that was filled with really weird stuff, (both structurally and supernatural like).  Never thought a passing dream could actually be a nightmare.

At-least you're not plugging numbers in your calculator on questions you've never seen before in your dreams...

Having similar dreams here as well.  I feel good about taking the exam at this point (around 300 hours of studying) but still worried in the back of my mind.  Just pounding out as many practice problems as possible between now and next Friday and fine tuning my references... Two guys at work are taking it with me.  This is the third time taking it for both of them and they just started studying two weeks ago.  You would think they'd do something different.🤪🤪🤪🤪

Having similar dreams here as well.  I feel good about taking the exam at this point (around 300 hours of studying) but still worried in the back of my mind.  Just pounding out as many practice problems as possible between now and next Friday and fine tuning my references... Two guys at work are taking it with me.  This is the third time taking it for both of them and they just started studying two weeks ago.  You would think they'd do something different.🤪🤪🤪🤪
TBH I studied not enough hours my first try and maybe another 16 hours my second try and I passed. Sometimes you just need a little brush up and a good approach to tackling the problems with good time management to push you over the edge. Good luck!! Sounds like you're very prepared!

200.gif

Totally normal, nothing to be worry about. 

Like @vhab49_PE said above, you'll have more of these and they get worse during the post exam wait.

p.s. you'll still occasionally have those dreams years after you pass the f%^&*ing exam.

Good lord.  I couldn't imagine putting only 2 weeks in on this.

not sure how you pass with two weeks...

You can't even cover 50% of the depth structural materials in that time frame.

lol omg.  Does work cover your test attempts or is it on your own dime?

lol omg.  Does work cover your test attempts or is it on your own dime?
Work covers the first attempt and that's it.  I feel like I have to study more than most at my work because I am taking the TFS exam and work in Substation Engineering.... i.e. my job has nothing to do with the test I'm taking.  Everyone here either takes one of the Civil PE exams or the Power exam.

I'd comment about my dreams, but I haven't slept long enough in the past couple days to even have terror dreams...

But the sound of pencil against paper, I can't get it out of my head.

Practice problems, practice problems, practice problems...

Had a dream a few weeks ago that I was taking the exam heard the proctor calling time then look down and saw that I have only done 9 problems...😱

I blame Lindeburg since their practice problems are pretty time consuming at times.

Had a dream a few weeks ago that I was taking the exam heard the proctor calling time then look down and saw that I have only done 9 problems...😱

I blame Lindeburg since their practice problems are pretty time consuming at times.
And riddled with errors! 

Yep, the exam invaded my dreams, too. Except that in mine, I showed up to the exam having the right reference to answer every question on the exam. Maybe it was a good vision to have, ‘cause I passed!

I had another one after the exam, but before results were released, that the proctor administering the exam pretty much ignored all the exam “rules” and let everyone collaborate and share resources

Yep, the exam invaded my dreams, too. Except that in mine, I showed up to the exam having the right reference to answer every question on the exam. Maybe it was a good vision to have, ‘cause I passed!

I had another one after the exam, but before results were released, that the proctor administering the exam pretty much ignored all the exam “rules” and let everyone collaborate and share resources
I'm a lucid dreamer and even I think your dreams are awesome!

Back