Which version of Engineering Unit Conversions by Lindeburg

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattW

Reaction score
I am preparing to take the PE in TFS in October and am compiling my resource material.  I have read many post here on the resource materials I should have.  I know this Engineering Unit Conversions is highly recommended.  My question is does it matter which version I get?  I can find the 2nd edition for around $10 but the 4th edition is usually $40+.  Is the 4th edition much better than the 2nd?

I have stuff for sale in the Yard Sale section.  As far as the conversions,  people have been using the 4th ed for a long time.  I used it 3 years ago. 

2nd ed. has 146 pages. (Copyrighted 1990)

4th ed. has 160 pages.  (Copyrighted 2009) 

Individual pages could have expanded or corrected....   I think it is best to go with a newer version

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using the 1990 version and have not ran into a missing conversion yet and have been studying for the April exam since December.  If its missing a conversion, you can simply write it in.

I'm using the 1990 version and have not ran into a missing conversion yet and have been studying for the April exam since December.  If its missing a conversion, you can simply write it in.
This.  I had the 2009 version when I took the exam and even then had to write in a few conversions that I found missing during my exam prep.

Back